£16.60 - £17.43 per hour
5 days ago
We have an exciting opportunity for an Senior Development Management Officer to join our clients offices based in Gosport on a temporary contract basis for 2 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Senior Development Management Officer, your main duties will include:
- To process planning and other applications, notifications and consultations and oversee implementation.
- To prepare written reports for inclusion into Regulatory Board and other such Board Agendas.
- To attend and present applications and other such items to the Regulatory Board or other such relevant Board.
- To represent the Council at Public and Local Inquiries and Hearings as necessary.
- To prepare appeal statements and proofs of evidence. Enforcement To assist the Senior Enforcement Officer where required in investigating breaches of planning control.
- To liaise as necessary with Members, the Public, other Council departments, other District Councils, the County Council, Government Departments and Non-Government Agencies. To negotiate with developers in regard to planning obligations and development briefs and CIL and the implementation of development projects. To deal with day to day general and pre-application enquiries from the public and developers.
To be successful for this Senior Development Management Officer post you will need to have:
- Degree in Town Planning or equivalent.
- Eligibility for membership of RTPI.
- Sound knowledge of current planning issues, law and procedures and relevance to development in Gosport.
- Understanding of political processes within Local Government Understanding of the wider issues affecting Development Management Full.
- current driving licence with vehicle available.
- Able to apply sound working knowledge of planning legislation, policies and procedures when dealing with the full range of planning enquiries and applications and associated work and weighing up competing considerations and making recommendations on all types of applications and enquiries, including those involving nature conservation, flood management and heritage related issues.
- Ability to guide and instruct junior staff and assist with the development of new/amended working practices..
- Presentation skills.
Start Date: ASAP
Working Hours: 37 Hours per week, Monday - Friday
Pay Rate: £16.60 p/h
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.