£15 - £16.50 per hour + (PAYE or Umbrella Company)
9 days ago
A 3 Month+ opportunity for a Senior Customer Service Advisor within the local authorities in Cambridge.
This position will be office based with some home working
Please note that although this position is for Senior CSA's candidates put forward for this need to have Council Tax and or Housing Management experience and a working knowledge or Northgate SX3 computer system.
Candidates must have or be prepared to apply for a basic disclosure.
Although the position is based at Mandela House the successful candidate may be required to work from home.
Purpose of Job
To effectively provide a high quality advice, information and transactional service to customers covering a wide range of services provided by the Council through telephone, electronic and face-to-face channels. Assist the team leader in guiding, coaching, mentoring and training team members. To handle more specialist enquiries as designated.
- Participate in a rota to cover the general reception desk, front service desks and telephone work stations, providing cover across the service centre as daily demand requires.
- To have expert knowledge of and experience with Council Tax, Housing Benefit and the Council Tax Reduction scheme.
- Record accurate and timely statistical information
- Liaise with all other Council sections and departments to ensure handover of actions as necessary
- To ensure that as many enquiries as possible are resolved appropriately and satisfactorily at the first point of contact in line with Customer Service Standards
- Receive and assist visitors telephoning and visiting the Council to ensure customers receive a comprehensive and accurate service
- Access administrative systems in Council Departments to answer questions and to limit repeat contacts from the customer by proactively checking for outstanding outbound communications from City Council departments
- Good general education with GCSE English at grade A-C or equivalent
- Willing to work towards NVQ 2 in Contact Centre, Call Handling or Customer Care or equivalent
- Able to provide evidence of experience in a high volume customer facing role
- In-depth specialist knowledge in Council Tax, Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction
- Able to provide evidence having worked in a role using ICT regularly and frequently to input data or retrieve information
Monday - Friday
Rate of Pay:
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.