£15 - £16 per hour
13 days ago
5 months +
We have an exciting opportunity for an Senior Customer Service Advisor to join our busy offices based in Cambridge on a temporary basis for 5 months with the possibility of an extension. We are looking for someone to start ASAP, working 37 hours per week, at £15.00 p/h.
As the Senior Customer Service Advisor, your main duties will include:
- Participate in a rota to cover the general reception desk, front service desks and telephone work stations, providing cover across the service centre as daily demand requires.
- To have expert knowledge of and experience with Council Tax, Housing Benefit and the Council Tax Reduction scheme.
- Record accurate and timely statistical information
- Actively recognises the need for customer confidentiality
- Liaise with all other Council sections and departments to ensure handover of actions as necessary
- To ensure that as many enquiries as possible are resolved appropriately and satisfactorily at the first point of contact in line with Customer Service Standards
- Receive and assist visitors telephoning and visiting the Council to ensure customers receive a comprehensive and accurate service
- Use IT and telephony systems to manage and record enquiries and retrieve information to resolve customer enquiries
- Access administrative systems in Council Departments to answer questions and to limit repeat contacts from the customer by proactively checking for outstanding outbound communications from City Council departments
- Work as a flexible and effective team member supporting other service centre team members with their queries as necessary
- Proactively stay abreast of technical, professional, product and service developments
- Participate in the Council's performance management processes
- Gather customer satisfaction information as required and identify process improvements to ensure customer satisfaction
- Assist in training/mentoring of new staff giving advice and guidance as required
- In addition to answering general enquiries and complaints, assist customers/clients to resolve more in-depth, or specialist enquiries
- Will be required to rotate/provide cover through the designated specialist areas of work
To be successful for this Senior Customer Service Advisor post you will need to have:
- Able to provide evidence of experience in a high volume customer facing role
- Able to provide evidence having worked in a role using ICT regularly and frequently to input data or retrieve information
- In-depth specialist knowledge in Council Tax, Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction
- Able to provide evidence of application of a wide range of customer service techniques.
- Able to provide evidence of resolving in-depth or specialist enquiries
- Experience in a call or contact centre
- Experience in a local authority environment
- Experience of providing coaching and mentoring.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.