£15.00 - £15.75 per hour
15 days ago
Our client is seeking a Senior Customer Service Adviser/Training Support Officer on an initial 3 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
- To effectively provide a high quality advice, information and transactional service to customers covering a wide range of services provided by the Council through telephone, electronic and face-to-face channels. Assist the team leader in guiding, coaching, mentoring and training team members. To handle more specialist enquiries as designated.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in a rota to cover the general reception desk, front service desks and telephone work stations, providing cover across the service centre as daily demand requires.
- To have expert knowledge of and experience with Council Tax, Housing Benefit and the Council Tax Reduction scheme.
- Record accurate and timely statistical information.
- Actively recognises the need for customer confidentiality.
- Liaise with all other Council sections and departments to ensure handover of actions as necessary.
- To ensure that as many enquiries as possible are resolved appropriately and satisfactorily at the first point of contact in line with Customer Service Standards.
- Receing and assist visitors telephoning and visiting the Council to ensure customers receive a comprehensive and accurate service.
- Use IT and telephony systems to manage and record enquiries and retrieve information to resolve customer enquiries.
- Access administrative systems in Council Departments to answer questions and to limit repeat contacts from the customer by proactively checking for outstanding outbound communications from City Council departments.
- Work as a flexible and effective team member supporting other service centre team members with their queries as necessary.
- Proactively stay abreast of technical, professional, product and service developments.
- Participate in the Council's performance management processes.
- Gather customer satisfaction information as required and identify process improvements to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Assist in training/mentoring of new staff giving advice and guidance as required.
- In addition to answering general enquiries and complaints, assist customers/clients to resolve more in-depth, or specialist enquiries.
- Will be required to rotate/provide cover through the designated specialist areas of work.
Skills and Experience:
- Able to provide evidence of experience in a high volume customer facing role
- Able to provide evidence having worked in a role using ICT regularly and frequently to input data or retrieve information
- In-depth specialist knowledge in Council Tax, Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction
- Able to provide evidence of application of a wide range of customer service techniques.
- Able to provide evidence of resolving in-depth or specialist enquiries.
- Manages information for action and keeps accurate up-to-date information and records
- Able to cope with high levels of work at busy periods
- Computer literate
- Keyboard skills
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases