£17.52 - £18.40 per hour
26 days ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Communications Officer to join our clients offices based in Sandbach on a temporary contract basis for 2 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Senior Communications Officer, your main duties will include:
- Identifying all ways that the Council can enhance its reputation and what approach should be identified to maximise this and be aware of potential issues that may arise and have an adverse effect on the reputation of the Council and plan to mitigate them.
- Responsible for the creation and execution of required proactive communications campaigns as outlined by the Corporate Manager - Communications and Media.
- Liaise with colleagues in the Communications Team to best manage the available resources and expertise to deliver the required outcomes.
- Keep abreast of the latest trends and practices in corporate communications to influence the on-going activity of the Council.
- Liaise with and advise all services regarding their communications requirements and agree what work to take on with the Corporate Manager, determining budget requirements for directorate communications work as determined by yearly work plan.
- Advise senior colleagues of reputational risks and suggest ways to mitigate them so as to maximize efficient use of available resources, providing strategic reputational advice to colleagues at all levels as and when required.
To be successful for this Senior Communications Officer post you will need to have:
- Degree or equivalent qualification/experience in a communications discipline
- Understand communications at a strategic level and how strategy impacts on tactics and operational execution
- Excellent understanding and experience of communications theories and concepts - specifically PR campaigning, including research, planning, methodology and evaluation
- In depth knowledge of local government issues including Code of Practice for Local Government Publicity
- 5 years' professional experience in a PR communications role including:
- Planning and delivering communications/PR campaigns
- Overseeing the delivery of multiple, concurrent campaigns to agreed timescales and budget
- working with a wide range of clients to set measurable objectives
- evaluating campaign outcomes
- commissioning creative communications products and publications Assessing, developing and employing a wide range of communications channels
37 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.