£200 - £250 per day + Depending on experience
20 days ago
A 3 month+ opportunity (with the possibility of an extension) for an experienced Senior Communications Officer has arisen within the local authorities in Bedfordshire.
The council is looking for a talented Senior Communications Officer to lead the council's communications and engagement activity in relation to its Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) service.
You'll be involved in explaining how the service is improving to both stakeholders and parents. You will support the team to engage with parents and other stakeholders to help inform the improvements and communications.
You are an expert in stakeholder management and building relationships. You'll be experienced in managing high profile, complex or sensitive issues.
You know how to target different audiences and develop successful communication strategies. You have experience of providing communications support to senior colleagues as well as providing hands on support. With good news sense and editorial skills too, you'll be adept at crafting messages both for sensitive and positive stories.
- Our team provide communications, consultation and equality support to the council in order to promote, protect and enhance the brand and reputation of the organisation and its services.
- The team also provide intelligence about staff, communities & customers through data analysis to support service development.
- Communications teams
- Council Officers
- Service Managers
- Senior Manager
- Support and advise council services and members on all communications
- The role involves creating communication plans, providing creative input, writing engaging copy, responding to press enquiries and creating digital content to ensure all communications are appropriate, appealing, timely and accessible to all target audiences and appropriately branded.
- Develop new communication approaches and channels.
- Develop and manage the council's brand
- Advise and support on complex or sensitive reputation management issues and branding.
- Delivery of team objectives through managing people and resources
This role will be fully remote
Monday - Friday
Rate of Pay:
£200 - £250 per day depending upon skills and previous experience
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.