West End, London
£41200 - £55800 per annum
10 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Commercial Property Surveyor to join our client's offices based in Kensington on a permanent basis with the possibility of an extension. The client is looking for someone to start ASAP, working full time, 36 hours per week at £41,200 - £55,800 per annum.
As the Senior Commercial Property Surveyor, your main duties will include:
- Estate management of approximately 100 properties with a rent roll in excess of £2 million. To safeguard the council's interest in operational leasehold properties and to respond to all leasehold and statutory notices within the prescribed time limits
- Negotiate on all rent reviews, lease renewals, new lettings and licences as required and take appropriate action to minimise rent arrears
- To ensure that all cases meet the various performance indicators set by the central government and any other local pi's
- Assist in the maintenance of the computerised land terrier and diary system which is currently retained on estate man. To assist in the maintenance of all property records
- Negotiate terms for the use, acquisition and disposal of council land and property
- Assist commercial property team members as required and provide guidance to any staff member undertaking professional training toward rics qualifications
- Provide valuation and property management advice on all types of land and property
- Prepare key decision reports on any aspect of valuation and estate management as required
- Undertake marketing and disposal of property
- Advise colleagues in other departments on all aspects of valuation and estate management
- Liaison with, and instruction of, other professionals on property issues
- Identify opportunities to increase the rental income of the commercial portfolio
- Seek to minimise the financial effect of any leasehold properties taken by the council
- Representing the borough valuer at internal and external meetings
- Act as an expert witness to the council in any property related court hearing or arbitration case as required
- To answer enquiries from members and the public as required, within the appropriate time-scales
- To undertake any other duty or responsibility that may be delegated by the team leader - commercial property, deputy borough valuer or borough valuer as required
- Undertake appropriate training to comply with cpd requirements of the rics
- Maintain professional knowledge of all aspects of land and property and in particular keep abreast of all current legislation affecting land and property and local authorities
- Become a proactive member of the department and take part in improving and promoting the department
- Undertake all work in accordance with council policy and in accordance with the best practice of the profession, where appropriate ensuring compliance with the rics practice statements and guidance notes
- To contribute toward the department's aim of achieving iip and iso 9000:2000 and best value
To be successful for this Senior Commercial Property Surveyor post you will need to have:
- Degree in surveying or estate management and Professional Member of the RICS.
- Two years relevant post-qualification work experience.
- Computer literate in Windows, Word-processing, Spreadsheets and Databases.
- Extensive knowledge of Landlord & Tenant legislation.
- Experience of public sector/local authority commercial property management
- Experience of staff management.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.