£9.50 - £9.98 per hour
9 days ago
Our client is seeking a Senior Clerical Assistant/Team Attached Clerk on an initial 1 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
Families First works closely with partner organisations and our approach is built on the firm foundations of an integrated team around the family. We facilitate local support and evidence-based intervention for children and families to prevent needs escalating to a level requiring statutory specialist services. Where specialist services are needed, we ensure that timely and effective decisions are made to secure the best outcomes for a child's future.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide administrative support to the Social Work Team, including dealing with telephone messages, diary management (which will include finding the availability of attendees for Conferences and Reviews), data inputting and other general administrative duties.
- The production of high quality word processed documents.
- To use maintain and monitor extensive and varied Directorate's IT facilities including computer based information systems for input and retrieval of data, use of office e-mail and intra/internet facilities and digital and scanning equipment.
- To maintain service use records, computer based and manual in accordance with the Directorate's Records Management Policy ensuring compliance with policies on case recording, filing, retention and destruction.
- To provide support, advice and guidance to the Team Manager and Social Work Team in the use of the Directorate's IT facilities, undertaking competency assessments in accordance with Directorate procedures.
- Accurately input information and data to databases to ensure the Division meets relevant Performance Indicators. This will involve working with Team Managers to identify the data and also providing them with management information regarding this on a regular basis.
- To develop and implement a screening role for social work duty rotas and complete where appropriate paper based referrals for requests for information from service users.
- Processing day to day financial transactions within the office, in accordance with financial regulations, including receipt and payment of cash, placing of orders and ensuring payment of accounts through the County Council's Finance and Procurement System (SAP).
- Servicing of meetings including sending out invitations, attendance and minute taking and the production and distribution of records to agreed timescales.
- To undertake research, gather information and update information databases for use by Social Work teams. This will include liaison with internal/external agencies and ensuring Directorate procedures are available to staff and kept up to date.
- To assist and work with other relevant staff to improve the capture and quality of information held on the Directorate's databases, ensuring multi-skilling within teams and the provision of consistent support to Managers. This post will facilitate effective communication between the Social Work Team and Support Services.
- Any other duties commensurate with the grading of the post.
Full Training in the use of equipment and the Directorate's systems and procedures will be given.
Skills and Experience:
- Ability to interpret and accurately input and retrieve data using the software provided.
- Experience of using computer based information systems.
- Experience of using Microsoft Office or equivalent software package.
- Experience of office procedures, systems and equipment.
- Working within a team, preferably in an office environment.
- Working with internal/external customers to provide a quality service.
- Understanding of Social Services Department and its role in the community.
- Knowledge and understanding the principles of providing a good quality customer service.
- Data input to support performance management.
- Previous experience of taking minutes.
- Good written and oral communication skills at all levels - this post will involve liaison with Team Managers, fieldwork staff, colleagues in the department and members of the public.
- Good time management skills with an ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and on own initiative.
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skills to advise and mentor other staff within the office on IT related issues.
- Sensitive and attentive listening skills.
- Ability to undertake a number of areas of work to ensure flexibility within the team.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases