£20.16 - £21.16 per hour
about 1 month ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Building Surveyor to join our busy offices based in Gosport on a temporary basis for 3 months with the possibility of an extension. We are looking for someone to start ASAP, working 37 hours per week, at £20.16 p/h.
As the Senior Building Surveyor, your main duties will include:
- You and the Property Services Team will be responsible for surveying our housing stock and corporate assets, evaluating and diagnosing what work is required, assessing the best options to carry out the work, issuing repairs or preparing specifications of work as necessary and managing the work undertaken and a varied range of projects.
- The projects carried out may include decorations to external and communal areas, cladding, fire upgrading work, window replacement, re-roofing, electrical work, extensions, and structural repairs. The individual projects you will lead may be complex or high profile and involve a varied team of professionals, contract values will typically range from £50,000 to £1,000,000 and occasionally higher.
- You will allocate workloads; facilitate learning and development of your team to ensure a consistent approach to surveying and managing the schemes to the current policies or legislation as appropriate. You will manage the repairs and maintenance of the assets you are responsible for and ensure that we have accurate stock data information as appropriate.
- You will assess the condition of the assets, identify cyclical work, prioritise demands and support the Property Service Manager to prepare planned maintenance programmes of work.
- You will assist with the procurement and management of all contractors providing a repairs and maintenance service or undertaking specific projects, ensuring that the service is provided in accordance with the contract.
- You will liaise with customers and stakeholders as appropriate regarding the repairs and maintenance service, including residents, leaseholders, local councillors, building users and other Gosport BC section heads. You will manage and develop a team of Building Surveyors who will carry out a wide range of surveying duties across our varied 3,000 housing residential stock and portfolio of various corporate commercial and non-housing assets supporting us to maintain and improve our properties, ensure the right repair at the right time and help us provide suitable homes when needed.
- You will support and deputise as appropriate for the Property Services Manager to manage all resources available including technical staff, to ensure that the Property Services team can meet the demands that it receives
To be successful for this Senior Building Surveyor post you will need to have:
- Has a degree or HNC level qualification in a relevant building surveying or construction related subject and preferably either RICS or CIOB member status.
- Has knowledge of the JCT and NEC suite of contracts including experience of managing contractors, negotiating contractual matters and resolution of disputes with contractors
- Has knowledge and be able to advise others of building construction technology and building pathology.
- Has knowledge and be able to apply building related legislation, contract law and guidance. Specifically the building regulations, planning law, party wall act, fire safety, electrical inspections, gas installations, JCT and NEC contracts.
- Has knowledge and be able to apply construction related health & safety legislation generally including advising others. Specifically the CDM Regulations 2007 and asbestos at work regulations.
- Has good knowledge and experience of applying building related legislation, contract law and guidance. Specifically the Housing Act, building regulations, planning law, fire safety, electrical inspections, gas installations, legionella, with the ability to advise others.
- Capable of undertaking surveys, assessing technical staff, developing and coaching practical surveying skills. Surveys include stock condition surveys and dilapidation surveys, measured surveys, energy performance surveys, fire risk assessments, asbestos surveys, recording stock data, identifying building defects, assess quality of work undertaken, offer solutions to resolve any issues identify and prepare specifications for repairs or planned maintenance schemes.
- Has the ability to evaluate different building options and prepare a specification of work, gain quotations or tenders and manage repairs contracts.
- Has relevant knowledge and experience to apply cost control and budget management techniques. Demonstrate commercial awareness and be able to undertake cost estimates for building projects and the repairs service, exercise financial control and assess value for money for the service provided when evaluating the contractor's application for payment or invoices and negotiating variations or final accounts.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.