£33 - £38 per hour
about 1 month ago
4 months +
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Building Regulations Officer to join our busy offices based in Stoke on Trent on a temporary basis for 4 months with the possibility of an extension. We are looking for someone to start ASAP, working 37 hours per week, at £33.00 p/h.
As the Senior Building Regulations Officer, your main duties will include:
- Direct responsibility to assess Building Notice and Full Plans Applications and carry out relevant inspections of work on site to ensure compliance with the current Building Act and Building Regulations and other relevant allied Statutory Legislation with minimal supervision from Building Regulation Manager.
- To answer queries from, advise and assist architects, engineers, surveyors, builders, appropriate outside organisations and members of the general public regarding the deposit of Building Regulation Applications, carrying out site works and general compliance with Building Regulations and allied Legislation.
- To be fully aware and conversant with all relevant Legislation, building developments and modern construction techniques.
- Project Management of major development and complex schemes within the partnership area
- Project Management of all development schemes for partner companies outside of the partnership area.
- To complete accurate inspection reports, records, statistics, etc including making recommendations for enforcement proceedings where necessary.
- To prepare reports for presentation to the Building Regulations Manager concerning issues relevant to the post holder's duties and the general business objectives of the Division.
- Formal responsibility for initiating prosecution against builders failing to comply with the building regulations and allied legislation. Responsibilities to include interviewing/evidence gathering and interviews under caution under minimal supervision of the Building Regulation Manager.
To be successful for this Senior Building Regulations Officer post you will need to have:
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge of Building Regulations and have gained Corporate Membership of an appropriate professional body i.e. Association of Building Engineer, Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors + considerable post qualification experience
- Demonstrate good verbal/written communication skills and experience in supervising and developing staff
- Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of building construction and modern techniques.
- Provide evidence of project management of major and complex developments
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.