£33799.00 - £44632.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
Our client is seeking a Senior Auditor on a permanent basis.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
£33,799.00 per Annam
To support the Chief Internal Auditor in providing independent assurance on the system of governance, risk management and internal control that supports the management of strategic and operational risks across the council. Conforming to the Local Government Act 1972 Section 151, The Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 and the Public Sector Internal Audit Standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifying areas where internal audit assurance is required, and design the individual audit assignment plan to provide that assurance.
- Plan and deliver allocated audit assignments on time and within the audit days allocated that includes determining and applying an appropriate internal audit methodology to achieve the objective of the audit
- Presenting findings and conclusions consistent with the objective of the allocated audit both verbally and through reports to Senior Managers - including making informed recommendations and negotiating effective management actions where material weakness in the system of internal control or governance exists.
- To undertake risk based assurance audits of strategic and operational risks.
- To operate within the performance standards defined by the Chief Internal Auditor, and professional internal auditing standards as specified by the Chief Internal Auditor.
- Undertake Counter-Fraud work as directed by the Audit Manager / Chief Internal Auditor.
- Occasionally may be required to direct, supervise and review the work of other audit staff as required by the Chief Internal Auditor.
- Be responsible for the supervision and review of other audit staff or teams of auditors, including contract professionals.
- Undertake more complex audit assignments, including Programme and Project Management, Contracts and Contract Management and Governance and Financial Management
- Providing strategic advice to Directors and Senior Managers regarding Governance, Risk and Internal Control. Participating in change management programmes / working groups.
- Building / maintaining external relationships and liaison (eg with partners such as City fraud team, the CCG, Hampshire Internal Audit Team etc).
- Manage a programme of internal audit activity. The management includes supervision of audit resources, client liaison and quality control.
- Fully accountable for the delivery of any complex audit within the Internal Audit plan, to include presentation and agreement of issues to the Chief Executive and Directors.
- Ensuring that the internal audit service is compliant with statutory and other relevant professional standards. Ensure all audits are completed in accordance with the Internal Audit Charter and the Quality Assurance and Improvement Programme, through regular monitoring of work across the team.
- Be responsible for the development and on-the job training and mentoring of Junior / Trainee Audit staff.
- Monitoring the effectiveness of management action implementation
- Substituting for the Chief Internal Auditor or Audit Manager at quarterly directorate leadership team meetings.
- Supporting with the development of the annual internal audit planning process.
Skills and Experience:
5 GCSE's grade A-C or equivalent (including Mathematics and English Language)
CCAB / CMIIA or CIA or significant equivalent experience.
CCAB / CMIIA or CIA with significant internal audit experience at a supervisory level.
Experience of planning and progressing internal audit work activities, applying professional internal audit standards, using initiative and independent judgement in their application.
Experience of supervision of junior audit staff.
Experience of management of a programme of internal audits including planning and supervision of resources, client management, and quality assurance.
Excellent interpersonal, persuasion and negotiating skills, in order to influence good outcomes.
Excellent communications skills, including effective report writing and presentations.
Post qualification experience in applying internal auditing methodologies, to provide assurance on the management of operational and strategic risks.
Experience of undertaking more complex audits.
Significant experience of undertaking very complex / strategic audits.
Detailed operational knowledge and understanding of Governance Frameworks, wider risk management methodologies and systems of internal control.
Strong analytic skills with the ability to collect collate and record data accurately and efficiently.
Ability to uphold professional standards at all times, maintaining independence and effective challenge and escalation when required.
For this role you will need the following:
- You are eligible to work in the UK.
- 2 Written references.
- A suitable NI Number.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.