£9.5 - £10.5 per hour
8 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Administrator to join our client's offices based in Burton on Trent on a temporary contract basis for 2 months. The client is looking for someone to start ASAP, working full time, 37 hours per week at £9.50 p/h PAYE.
As the Senior Administrator, your main duties will include:
- To provide administrative support to the Social Work Team, including dealing with telephone messages, diary management (which will include finding the availability of attendees for Conferences and Reviews), data inputting and other general administrative duties.
- The production of high-quality word-processed documents.
- To use maintain and monitor extensive and varied Directorate's IT facilities including computer-based information systems for input and retrieval of data, use of office e-mail and intra/internet facilities and digital and scanning equipment.
- To maintain service use records, computer-based and manual in accordance with the Directorate's Records Management Policy ensuring compliance with policies on case recording, filing, retention and destruction.
- To provide support, advice and guidance to the Team Manager and Social Work Team in the use of the Directorate's IT facilities, undertaking competency assessments in accordance with Directorate procedures.
- Accurately input information and data to databases to ensure the Division meets relevant Performance Indicators. This will involve working with Team Managers to identify the data and also providing them with management information regarding this on a regular basis.
- To develop and implement a screening role for social work duty rotas and complete where appropriate paper-based referrals for requests for information from service users.
- Processing day to day financial transactions within the office, in accordance with financial regulations, including receipt and payment of cash, placing of orders and ensuring payment of accounts through the County Council's Finance and Procurement System (SAP).
- Servicing of meetings including sending out invitations, attendance and minute taking and the production and distribution of records to agreed timescales.
- To undertake research, gather information and update information databases for use by Social Work teams. This will include liaison with internal/external agencies and ensuring Directorate procedures are available to staff and kept up to date.
- To assist and work with other relevant staff to improve the capture and quality of information held on the Directorate's databases, ensuring multi-skilling within teams and the provision of consistent support to Managers. This post will facilitate effective communication between the Social Work Team and Support Services.
To be successful for this Senior Administrator post you will need to have:
- GCSE English or equivalent.
- A typing/WP qualification equivalent to 50 wpm.
- At IT qualification equivalent to the competency level of ECDL/CLAIT etc.
- NVQ II in Business Administration or equivalent.
- Ability to interpret and accurately input and retrieve data using the software provided.
- Experience in using computer-based information systems.
- Experience of using Microsoft Office or equivalent software package.
- Experience of office procedures, systems and equipment.
- Working within a team, preferably in an office environment.
- Working with internal/external customers to provide quality service.
- Understanding of the Social Services Department and its role in the community.
- Knowledge and understanding the principles of providing a good quality customer service.
- Data input to support performance management.
- Previous experience of taking minutes.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.