West End, London
£9.50 - £9.98 per annum
about 1 month ago
Our client is seeking a Senior Admin Officer on an initial 3 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
36 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
To provide administrative support to a team or section and lead or supervise other administrator staff as necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining manual and computer databases and record systems
- Handling administration around meetings (e.g. booking rooms; preparing and dispatching agendas; taking notes and circulating minutes)
- Drafting routine correspondence in response to enquiries
- Answering and screening all telephone calls, and dealing with routine queries by telephone
- Dealing with queries from colleagues and members of the public face to face and by telephone and e-mail, giving information in line with local rules and procedures.
- Processing payments, invoices and orders on the Council's financial management system
- Compiling and typing reports and statistical analyses, letters and other documents; typing and collating documentation; typing and proof-reading correspondence and reports from audio-cassette or long-hand.
Skills and Experience:
- Administrative experience, including working as part of a team.
- Experience of leading or supervising other administrative staff.
- Experience of customer facing role, with good interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with MS Word, Excel and Outlook, with a typing speed of at least 40 wpm.
- Ability to answer telephone queries effectively, and to take clear and accurate messages.
- Strong customer service skills.
For this role you will need the following:
- You are eligible to work in the UK.
- You have a suitable NI Number.
- Last 2 employees Names.
- 3 Years written referencing (All gaps verified).
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.