£15.11 - £15.86 per hour
6 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for an Senior Accounts Payable Officer to join our clients offices based in Wembley on a temporary contract basis for 8 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Senior Accounts Payable Officer, your main duties will include:
- To coach, support and guide Accounts Payable Officers and to provide a professional and customer focused Accounts Payable service, ensuring performance and quality targets are achieved whilst maintaining financial controls at all times.
- To administer procure to pay processes including payment of invoices through relevant financial systems, ensuring these are paid accurately and within defined timescales
- To work within a defined financial control framework to ensure compliance is being met when making payments and reported if not and to proactively identify ways in which controls can be strengthened.
- To support service areas to understand and comply with procure to pay processes by providing guidance, advice and signposting to relevant information.
- To handle enquiries from supplier and service areas relating to the procure to pay process and ensure that high levels of satisfaction are achieved in relation to the Accounts Payable service.
To be successful for this Senior Accounts Payable Officer post you will need to have:
- A minimum of 2 GCSEs or equivalent.
- Knowledge of procure to pay processes and the administration of Accounts Payable and how this impacts on other Finance teams and the Council
- Understanding of control frameworks to be operated in managing complex, high-value and high-volume financial transactions
- Experience of working within a large and complex finance function
- Experience of working collaboratively with departments and other customers to deliver a responsive and co-ordinated service Experience of mentoring and coaching staff
- Experience of maintaining financial controls
- Ability to carry out effective training and quality checks
- Ability to understand the needs of customers and a commitment to securing the best possible outcomes for them and Ability to handle complex queries to completion
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
36 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.