£16.26 - £17.07 per hour
6 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Accountancy Technician to join our clients offices based Stroud on a temporary contract basis for 1 year with the possibility of an extension.
As the Senior Accountancy Technician, your main duties will include:
- Budget Preparation - Preparation of the annual revenue estimates for specified services, and salary estimates across all services, in line with the Council's budget strategy and in consultation with service managers, for reporting to Council in December annually;
- Budget Monitoring and Control - Maintenance and development of systems that ensure efficient and effective budgetary control, to include monthly reports for budget holders and quarterly reports for Committees; Financial Advice - Provide support and advice to projects, partnerships, other external organisations and budget holders on all financial matters and training in the use of the financial systems;
- Final Accounts - Closure of the General Fund revenue accounts within yearend timescales to include accruals, reconciliations, explanations of variations between budgets and outturn, and preparation of corresponding working papers;
- Council Tax Setting - Assist the Accountant (Financial reporting) with Council Tax setting to include monitoring the Collection Fund accounts; calculating the Council's tax base and reporting both to Council in January each year;
- Government returns and benchmarking - Complete the benchmarking returns when required and supervise the completion of annual Government Revenue Estimates and Revenue Outturn returns.
To be successful for this Senior Accountancy Technician post you will need to have:
- AAT qualified.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- An understanding of administrative processes and systems.
- Experience of staff management.
- Experience of managing budgets and expenditure. JOB DESCRIPTION April 2017 2
- Experience of working with the public.
- IT Literate.
- Ability to manage own time and workload.
- Wide knowledge of the Council's operations relating to financial management.
22.2 hours per week
Monday - Wednesday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.