£8.42 - £9.84 per hour
6 months ago
Our client is seeking a Secretary- AMH (Band 3) on the initial 2 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37.5 hours per week
Monday - Friday
To provide an administrative and secretarial service to the Consultant Psychiatrist, medical and clinical team
Duties and Responsibilities-
- Provide secretarial and administrative support to Consultant and medical team.
- Essential qualities of integrity and initiative when dealing with confidential matters.
- Typing of clinic letters, discharge summaries, medical reports and correspondence from audio dictation/manuscript, cancelling clinics, arranging appointments both new and follow up.
- Liaison with departments to obtain case notes.
- Routine office duties such as filing, photocopying and faxing, chasing up and filing of blood test results.
- Efficient communication of information to Consultant regarding telephone calls and messages.
- Liaison with ward staff and members of the community team.
- To act as a point of reference for patients, hospital staff and outside agencies.
- To take minutes of meetings.
- Book rooms for meetings, clinics
Skills and Experience-
- Typing/Word processing qualification to at least RSA II standard or equivalent
- Experience of audio typing/typing from manuscript
- Good general education including GCSE or equivalent
- Effective communication skills
- Office management, administrative and organisational skills
- Time management skills
- Ability to undertake varied work
- Experience of working in a team
- Working knowledge of computer programmes including Excel spreadsheets and Microsoft packages
- Strict confidentiality and knowledge of the Data Protection Act.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.