£12.35 - £12.97 per hour
4 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Safety Officer to join our clients offices based in Rugby on a temporary contract basis for 3 months with the possibility of an extension. 3
As the Safety Officer, your main duties will include:
- Work closely with the Senior Safety & Resilience Officer to support the audits of local managers' health and safety management and liaise with the appropriate manager to ensure that issues are addressed within an appropriate time frame
- Create action plans in response to audits and monitor delivery.
- Deliver competent, effective and efficient health and safety training to staff (internal and external).
- Conduct, record and recommend improvements following regular inspections and audits of council's work sites and activities
- Support risk assessment work across the Council.
- Attend training events as required to maintain a competent level of health, safety and welfare knowledge.
- Respond to employees and Trade Union health and safety complaints/concerns as appropriate
To be successful for this Safety Officer post you will need to have:
- Have experience of working within the parks and waste services industry.
- Extensive experience within Health & Safety Management
- Ability to influence, champion and enforce excellence in health, safety and welfare at work.
- Understand the need for political awareness and sensitivity and the importance of building and maintaining sound working relationships.
- Competent effective and efficient health and safety trainer.
- Nebosh Certificate Holder, or a willingness to work towards (essential that this is achieved within 12 months)
- Communication skills to deal with a range of people often using persuasion skills, including computer literate with a drive to support the digitalisation agenda.
- Capable of handling heavy and diverse workload.
37 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.