£14.87 - £15.61 per hour
about 1 month ago
Our client is seeking a Roster Coordinator on an initial 3 Month contract with the possibility of an extension.
Working Hours: Monday - Friday, 37.5
Pay Rate: £14.87 P/H PAYE
Caledonian Sleepers forms a vital part of Scotland's transport network, regularly moving over 300,000 trips per year with an anticipated increase to 350,000 over 15 years, Caledonian Sleeper manage and operate all aspects of the network with total revenues of c£800m over its 15 year contract term. The contract has a workforce of over 100 employees and together with several key 3rd party suppliers, delivers the core service and specialist projects, providing a unique 'one stop shop' solution for Transport Scotland and their business, tourism and leisure aspirations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produce weekly roster which is economical and correct in line with roster code of practice for Sleeper Hosts, Team Leaders, Train Managers, Shunters and Guest Service Centre Ambassadors.
- Publish rosters in a timely manner to ensure all team members have a clear understanding of their shift pattern.
- Cover roster on a daily basis, sickness, leave requests, medicals, and training.
- Manage annual leave application, recording and rostering process.
- Manage lieu leave application, recording and rostering process.
- Cover phone out of hours, as required, to accommodate staff calling in for contract nights.
- Communicate with the Guest Experience management team to inform of any changes to the roster that will reduce the standard number of staff per service.
- Collation of booking on sheets for audit purposes.
- Input of payroll information to Serco payroll team.
- Input and management of annualised hour's information, including required analysis.
- General Admin duties as required to support the Serco Caledonian Sleeper Guest Experience team.
- Auditing of Team Leader lodgement, stock sheets and temperature records.
- Hotel bookings / confirmations for on board staff.
- Sick absence monitoring with MyHR and Payroll.
- Disciplinary logging and monitoring with MyHR.
- On board sale data analysis for Host and TL Ticketing commission.
- Daily updates sick / discipline.
- Kit replenishment orders.
- Staff medication enquiries.
- Perform Guest facing roles as required.
Skills and Experience:
- Rostering knowledge, specific rail knowledge would be an advantage however not essential
- Payroll processing knowledge
- Competent in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of packages
- Excellent written skills as well as other communication skills
- Ability to work unsupervised.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases