£11.22 - £15 per hour + Paye / Umbrella
7 months ago
3 Months +
We have an exciting opportunity for a Roofer to join our busy offices based in Atherstone on a temporary basis for 3 months with the possibility of an extension. We are looking for someone to start ASAP, working 37 hours per week, at £11.22 - £13.97 p/h PAYE.
As the Roofer, your main duties will include:
- Responsibility for undertaking allocated responsive repair jobs void works or planned maintenance jobs in accordance with the skills of your own trade and also carry out works outside of your own trade in which you have been trained or deemed competent to undertake.
- Responsibility for planning own workload for allocated jobs taking recognition of the priorities and required completion dates and complete work in an efficient manner within the specified time scales or as requested by the Supervisor or Housing Direct Works Manager.
- Maintain effective communication with the Supervisory/ administration and management staff passing on information, concerns and problems with regard to any jobs.
- Attend pre-arranged responsive repair appointments to carry out work or Contact tenants directly to make access arrangements. Work flexibly to enable repairs to be carried out at reasonable times to suite of the customer.
- To be courteous and act in a professional manner when dealing with tenants and the public and to act in a manner appropriate to that of a representative of the Authority and in accordance with the Housing Divisions Customer Charter and Contractors Code of Conduct.
- To provide a presentable and professional image whilst undertaking duties including wearing clean corporate workwear and keeping the allocated vehicle clean and tidy both externally and internally.
- Maintain Imprest material stocks on the allocated vehicle, document use was allocated to job and replenish as necessary.
- To be responsible for any allocated vehicle, plant, tools and equipment. To identify defects and report any maintenance/ repair issues to the administration office.
- To provide own tools for undertaking general aspects of the job for which a tool allowance will be provided in recompense for purchase and maintenance.
- Maintaining a level of responsibility and duty of care towards your own health & safety and that of your colleagues, tenants and members of the public. To be aware of any risks and dangers and where appropriate inform your supervisor/manager or take action on your own initiative to reduce that risk. Always work to the safe working practice as outlined in the Health and Safety Policy.
To be successful for this Roofer post you will need to have:
- Sound experience in relevant trade.
- Multi-skills in related trades
- Good customer services skills and experience of working in front line customer service.
- Excellent communication skills - Able to communicate clearly, concisely and courteously with other staff, customers and the public.
- Full valid driving licence.
- Able to assess risks and take steps to avoid or reduce.
- Able to show knowledge of health and safety legislation in a housing maintenance service and have a sound attitude to requirements for acting safely.
- Experience in Social Housing Environment
- Craft/trade/skill-based qualification
- City and Guilds
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.