£15.36 - £16.13 per hour
5 months ago
Our client is seeking a Rights Of Way Enforcement And Maintenance Assistant on an initial 4 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
To undertake inspections of Public Rights of Way.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To achieve the removal of obstructions and other impediments to the use of the network, through negotiations with landowners, and the provision of information to the Council's solicitor where appropriate.
- To organise simple maintenance schedules and implementation of works projects.
- To instruct work for the Rights of Way Maintenance Team, where needed.
- To edit and update the Council's ELM customer liaison system.
- To issue official works orders.
- To organise emergency works as necessary, in accordance with legal and financial procedures of the Council.
- To ensure compliance with all health and safety legislation and associated codes of practice and authority policies.
- To work with colleagues in the Legal team on issues relating to public rights of way.
- T undertake historical, documentary and archival research, where required, in order to remedy rights of way problems.
- To keep accurate records of work.
- Any other duties relevant to the post which might reasonably be required and allocated by senior management.
Skills and Experience:
- Relevant experience, and/or qualification.
- Experience of meeting the public and landowners to explain complex issues and achieve a suitable outcome.
- IT computer skills and experience of GIS.
- An ability to walk reasonable distances in the countryside in all weathers.
- Good interpersonal and written skills.
- Tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to use own initiative and be self-reliant
- Full car driving license.
For this role you will need the following:
- You are eligible to work in the UK.
- 2 Years written Referencing (all gaps verified).
- A suitable NI Number.
- Driving Licence.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.