Worthing, West Sussex
£20.28 - £21.29 per hour
7 days ago
We have an exciting opportunity for an Revenues Specialist to join our clients offices based in Worthing on a temporary contract basis for 2 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Revenues Specialist, you main duties will include:
- To determine and collect Council Tax liabilities (including sole or main residency considerations) and entitlement to discounts, disregards and exemptions and encompassing penalties, fees and charges quickly and to a very high standard of accuracy, in accordance with prevailing legislation, litigation, guidance, best practice, local policy and office procedures.
- To determine and collect Business Rates and BID Levy liabilities (including entitlement to exemptions and reliefs and encompassing penalties, fees and charges) quickly and to a very high standard of accuracy, in accordance with prevailing legislation, litigation, guidance, best practice, local policy and office procedures.
- To maintain an excellent up-to-date knowledge to an advanced level of appropriate legislation, litigation, guidance, best practice and local policy, training subordinate staff to ensure their constant familiarity with relevant operational procedures.
- To help team leaders and managers meet performance targets, and to produce financial, statistical and management information, as required.
- To assist team leaders and managers with the day-to-day provision of Revenues & Recovery services including organising, monitoring, co-ordination and controlling the day-to-day activities of subordinate team members reporting promptly on any workload pressures, delays or difficulties in order to maintain the highest level of customer service.
- To undertake the prompt, efficient, friendly and fair resolution of complex Revenues and Recovery-related customer enquiries and complaints requiring advanced technical knowledge, IT and communication skills, in accordance with prevailing legislation, litigation, guidance, best practice, local policy and office procedures.
To be successful for this Revenues Specialist post you will need to have:
- Effective Communicator
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and regulation
- PC Literate
- Working Under Pressure
- Current Academy user experience
- 3 Years written referencing.
Start Date: ASAP
Working Hours: 37 Hours per week, Monday - Friday
Pay Rate: £20.28 p/h
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.