£240.96 - £253.00 per day
18 days ago
Our client is seeking a Revenues Services Manager on an initial 2 Month contract with the possibility of an extension.
Working Hours: Monday - Friday, 37 Hours
Pay Rate: £240.96 Daily
- To manage and lead the billing, collection and recovery section on behalf of Nuneaton & Bedworth Borough Council and North Warwickshire Borough Council with a particular focus on special projects. To ensure the effective, economic administration of the billing and collection service in order to maximise revenue for the shared service in respect of Council Tax, Non Domestic Rates, and for Housing Benefit Over payments, Sundry Debts & Housing Rents for Nuneaton & Bedworth Borough Council in accordance with legislation, local policies and strategies.
- To work with the Revenues and Benefits Manager Shared Services Manager and the other Section Heads within both authorities to ensure the team achieves excellence in its services to its customers, both internal and external.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To be responsible for the production of the Revenue Section service and business plans, and to assist with the production of the Finance and Procurement service and business plans.
- To be responsible for delivering and reviewing service standards, quality and performance targets for the service in accordance with the Council's Statement of Purpose and Principles.
- To manage, develop, monitor and appraise those officers for whom you have direct responsibility and to ensure that all employees within the Revenues Section are treated likewise.
- To foster a creative and open environment within the Revenue service where employees feel supported, involved and consulted.
- To represent the Unit and/or Revenue Section (as appropriate) at meetings and in other fora, creating and maintaining links with relevant outside organisations and presenting a positive external image of both Councils
- To make use of the technology available to improve communications within the Section, Unit and the Council as a whole
- To carry out all the work within the spirit and intent of relevant legislation and Council policies and procedures, e.g. Equal Opportunities, Health and Safety, Customer Care, etc.
- To work in accordance with Health and Safety at Work legislation.
- To comply with Data Protection legislation.
- To undertake personal development commensurate with the duties and responsibilities of the job.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years experience of working in a revenues environment, including dealing with/interviewing public both by telephone and in person.
- Minimum of 12 months current experience of managing and supervising staff.
- Experience of working to performance related targets.
- Use of computerised systems, including word processing and spreadsheets.
- Experience of compiling policy and procedure notes including changes to working practices
- To have an in depth knowledge and understanding of Council Tax, Non Domestic Rate legislation and Housing Law.
- A good understanding of best practice for efficient administration of Council Tax, Non Domestic Rates & Housing Rents
- To be able to communicate effectively at all levels with staff, members of the public and external organisations by face to face, telephone and in writing.
- To be able to manage and motivate teams of staff and participate in the overall management of the Revenues Service.
- To remain positive and focused during periods of legislative and organisational change.
- To be able to present complex information in a clear and precise manner.
- To have a detailed of computer systems used in the Revenues Service.
- Ability to work on own with minimum supervision.
- Good knowledge of recovery processes and legislation in respect of Council Tax, Non Domestic Rates, Housing Benefit Over payments, Sundry Debts & Housing Rent matters.
- Knowledge of Housing Benefit
- 5 GCSEs Grade A-C in Maths and English Language or experience to indicate competency in the English Language and numerical skills
- Requirement to be educated to NVQ Level 5 standard on the National Qualifications Framework i.e. foundation degree or diploma in relevant Revenues based subject.
- Relevant qualification at NVQ level 5 on the National Qualifications Framework preferably in a Housing or policy related subject
- Recognised management qualification.
- Commitment to provide a high standard of customer service, in support of the Council's Customer Service Policy.
- Versatile and adaptable, willing to embrace change.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases