£12.35 - £15 per hour + Paye / Umbrella
20 days ago
6 Months +
We have an exciting opportunity for a Revenues Officer to join our busy offices based in Rugby on a temporary basis for 6 months with the possibility of an extension. We are looking for someone to start ASAP, working 37 hours per week, at £12.35 p/h PAYE.
As the Revenues Officer, your main duties will include:
- Responsibility for deciding the most appropriate enforcement remedy to recover monies due to the Council.
- To negotiate, agree and set up payment arrangements taking account of the policies and procedures laid down by management.
- Liaise with the Council's Bailiff.
- Attend the Magistrates Court in a support capacity, prepare cases for court officers and interview court attendees.
- Give advice to customers with regards to their account.
- Deal with personal, telephone and written enquiries from customers and their representatives and make arrangements and conduct interviews as required.
- Ensure that all amendments to liability and reliefs are completed accurately.
- To verify the correctness of the information regarding liability, discounts and exemptions prior to input on the on-line system.
- To input changes in liability of properties on to the on-line system
- To classify and ensure correct charges are levied on empty properties.
- Set up Direct Debits on Council Tax and NDR payers accounts as appropriate.
- Give advice to the customer with regards to their liability.
- Deal with personal, telephone and written enquiries from customers and their representatives.
- Creation of Sundry Income invoices.
To be successful for this Revenues Officer post you will need to have:
- Experience of CIVICA Open Revenues
- Have a working knowledge of Council Tax and NDR legislation and basic knowledge of Housing Benefit, Council Tax Benefit, Housing Benefit Overpayment Sundry Income.
- IRRV Technician
- Previous experience of working within a revenues environment for at least two years.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.