City of London, London
£22.41 - £23.53 per annum
about 1 month ago
We have an exciting opportunity for an Revenues Officer to join our offices based in the City of London o a temporary 2 months basis with the possibility of an extension.
As the Revenues Officer, your main duties include:Be responsible for meeting individual and team targets in the delivery of the Revenues Service including Council Tax billing and recovery, NNDR including BIDs and HBOP recovery as agreed as part of the annual appraisal process, managing a specific case load with autonomy as part of the team's operation.Provide expert advice to your customers: · Respond to, take action and provide technical advice on customer's enquiries, information and applications by telephone, written correspondence, or face-to-face, accurately maintaining customer accounts.· Make all necessary investigations including requesting further information from the customer, other internal and external departments and any other relevant stakeholder/ party, recording information on appropriate databases and communicating the outcome in plain English to the customer, their representative or stakeholder.· Identify and take proactive action on revenues cases where there is a potential entitlement to discounts, exemptions or any other liability reductions.· Ensure agreed working practices, procedures and legislation including discounts are applied correctly, dealing with all enquiries in a polite and professional manner, remaining customer focussed at all times.
To be successful for this Revenues Officer post you will need to have:
- Significant experience of Revenues administration, working practice and procedures preferably in a delivery role.
- Experience of dealing directly with, and advising, members of the public in a professional manner under all circumstances.
- Experience of attending and interviewing customers at Court.
- Experience of debt counselling.
- Experience of deputising for Team Leader and taking on additional responsibilities out side of normal job role.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with a variety of people at different levels both in and outside the Council.
- Ability to co-ordinate, plan and prioritise the workload and meet deadlines when faced with conflicting priorities.
- Effective interpersonal skills, tact, diplomacy and listening skills to enable development of working relationships with customers, colleagues and all stakeholders.
- At least 3 years experience as a Revenues Officer with relevant knowledge of debt collection processes.
- Experience working in an income area communicating with customers in difficult situations and making sustainable payment arrangements.
- Experience of dealing with multiple debt types.
Start Date: ASAP
Working Hours: 36 Hours per week, Monday - Friday
Pay Rate: £22.41 p/h
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.