£20.67 - £25.73 per hour + (PAYE/Umbrella)
16 days ago
A 3 Month+ opportunity for a Responsive & Voids Surveyor has arisen within the local authorities in Cambridge.
Substantial experience gained working as a professional surveyor engaged in all aspects of building services derived within the construction industry with a proven track-record of risk assessing, specifying and overseeing the technical delivery of small works (ideally building maintenance related)
General responsibility for the completion of mutual exchange inspections and the delivery of the programme of inspection of repairs following responsive repairs and in the re-commissioning of voids (so ensuring compliance with the Council's current policies, void specification and guidelines for landlord repair obligations)
Substantial experience gained working as a professional surveyor engaged in all aspects of building services derived within the construction industry with a proven track-record of risk assessing, specifying and overseeing the technical delivery of small works (ideally building maintenance related).
- Knowledge of all aspects of technical building services including associated contractual matters and legislation together with appropriate dispute resolution methods
- Knowledge and understanding of statutory /compliance requirements and certification in respect of technical building services
- Good working knowledge of health and safety regulation (including CDM, risk assessment, accident investigation, COSHH, asbestos) and Building Regulations
- Well-developed project specification and management skills
- Well-developed staff management and development skills (ideally including previous responsibility for managing largely office-based staff)
- Detail minded, able to solve problems and, if necessary, to make risk balanced decisions quickly
- IT literate including confident use of Microsoft Office software, in-house software packages, intranet/internet and e-mail
- Resilient and well organised - able to multitask, self-organise and manage own workload
- Customer focussed with high level of interpersonal skills
- Academic qualification in building services or related discipline at least up to HND level or equivalent (post-holder should ideally already possess or be working towards a professional qualification in engineering or facilities management)
- IOSH Managing Safety Certificate holder (strongly desirable)
Rate of Pay
There might be flexibility in the rate for the right candidate.
Hours of work are 09:00am - 5:00pm Monday - Friday.
To apply please send your CV or e-mail for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.