£12.35 - £12.97 per hour
10 days ago
Our client is seeking a Resettlement Officer on an initial 3 Month contract with the possibility of an extension.
Working Hours: Monday - Friday, 37 Hours
Pay Rate: £12.35 P/H PAYE
- To assist homeless households residing in temporary placements and supported units to secure appropriate settled accommodation.
- * To liaise with other housing providers, partners and landlords/agents to secure a steady supply of good quality accommodation available to those in temporary or supported placements.
- * To assist in the development of ongoing competitive initiatives to attract new landlords and retain existing landlords/agents.
- * To evolve a well developed tenant and landlord service to residents of Bournemouth Borough Council.
- * To assist households at risk of homelessness with finding accommodation in order to prevent them becoming homeless.
- * To manage the day to day throughput of applicants through temporary accommodation, including sign up's housing benefit applications and any other related paperwork.
To support households in temporary accommodation in finding alternative settled accommodation in the Private Rented Sector (PRS). Liaise with landlords and other providers to ensure a ready supply of accommodation is available for homeless households occupation. To ensure a swift response to Housing Benefit queries from both landlords and tenants. To develop and ensure new tenants have a full resettlement support package in place. Develop incentive schemes to attract and retain landlords including risk assessing any such initiatives. To provide robust housing advice and assistance in line with current legislation and council policies to anyone with a housing related need. To work with applicants to find solutions that will prevent or relieve homelessness. To closely monitor applicants placed in temporary accommodation and move from bed & breakfast as soon as possible. Construct accurate case notes and record all activity on Locata. Adopt a wider approach to housing options by delivering preventative advice to avoid homelessness and address customer's wider housing queries.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases