£12.35 - £12.97 per hour
12 months ago
Our client is seeking a Resettlement Officer on an initial 3 Month contract with the possibility of an extension.
Working Hours: Monday - Friday, 37 Hours.
Pay Rate: £12,35
To assist homeless households residing in temporary placements and supported units to secure appropriate settled accommodation. To liaise with other housing providers, partners and landlords/agents to secure a steady supply of good quality accommodation available to those in temporary or supported placements. To assist in the development of ongoing competitive initiatives to attract new landlords and retain existing landlords/agents. To evolve a well developed tenant and landlord service to residents of Bournemouth Borough Council. To assist households at risk of homelessness with finding accommodation in order to prevent them becoming homeless. To manage the day to day throughput of applicants through temporary accommodation, including sign up's housing benefit applications and any other related paperwork.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To support households in temporary accommodation in finding alternative settled accommodation in the Private Rented Sector (PRS).
- Liaise with landlords and other providers to ensure a ready supply of accommodation is available for homeless households occupation.
- To ensure a swift response to Housing Benefit queries from both landlords and tenants.
- To develop and ensure new tenants have a full resettlement support package in place.
- Develop incentive schemes to attract and retain landlords including risk assessing any such initiatives.
- To provide robust housing advice and assistance in line with current legislation and council policies to anyone with a housing related need.
- To work with applicants to find solutions that will prevent or relieve homelessness.
- To closely monitor applicants placed in temporary accommodation and move from bed & breakfast as soon as possible. Construct accurate case notes and record all activity on Locata.
- Adopt a wider approach to housing options by delivering preventative advice to avoid homelessness and address customer's wider housing.
Skills and Responsibilities:
- Experience of dealing with members of the public both face to face and over the phone
- Experience of providing housing advice
- Experience of data entry
- Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office systems
- Ability to motivate people and explain complex legislation so it can be clearly understood
- An awareness of the Housing Act 1996 (as amended) part VII
- Excellent communication skills in all forms across all sectors of professional and commercial stakeholders and members of the public
- Very strong negotiation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to deal effectively with caseloads and competing demands
- Creative and able to work on own initiative
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases