£13.99 - £14.69 per hour
5 days ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Regulatory Services Officer - Grade 8 to join our clients offices based in Winsford on a temporary contract basis for 3 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Regulatory Services Officer - Grade 8, your main duties will include:
- Carry out a wide range of business assessment, inspection, survey and/or enforcement duties and support various areas of specialist work.
- Conduct assessment/inspection and enforcement activity, maintain accurate records and prepare reports for complex cases in accordance with legislation, codes of practice and the highest standards of professional practice for presentation at Court, Public and Planning Enquiries and Licensing Hearings.
- Assist in developing and maintaining a customer-focused service by providing high quality advice and support to key stakeholders, including businesses, individuals and Members to promote business growth and to protect consumers and residents
- Support the development of procedures for intelligence-led, streamlined, efficient and effectively targeted services, achieving best practice against external benchmarks in all aspects.
- Resolve complaints and disputes in accordance within statutory guidelines/requirements and council policy
- Develop and maintain effective contacts with partners, business and other stakeholders to ensure and promote a fair, safe and healthy environment and pro-actively promote the service and its products to all sectors, as appropriate
To be successful for this Regulatory Services Officer - Grade 8 post you will need to have:
- 5 GCSE's, including English and Maths, minimum grade C or 4, or equivalent
- Recognised Trading Standards qualification in three of the following Animal Health, Product Safety, Food and Feed Standards, Metrology, Fraud or equivalent qualifications
- Evidence of relevant professional competence
- Be able to demonstrate experience in three or more of the following work areas- animal health and welfare, product safety, food and feed standards, metrology, fraud or other trading standards functions
- Up to date working knowledge of legislation and Codes of Practice
- Able to plan, organise and prioritise individual work, tasks and projects
37 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.