West Berkshire, Berkshire
8 months ago
Our Client has a 60 bed home in Newbury, which offers residential and nursing care to vulnerable older people. Incorporated within the 60 beds are 10 step down beds which are used to facilitate hospital discharge. The Registered Nurse will professionally lead the care team during any span of duty, ensuring that a safe, effective and efficient care service is maintained which meets the needs of residents. To provide good quality nursing care to residents in accordance with their care plans. Responsive Care Providers delivers care services to residents to West Berkshire. These include residential/nursing care, day opportunities and shared lives. As a functioning member of this vibrant service you will be expected to participate fully in events, consultations etc. Your voice, views and ideas are important to us and critical to the ongoing success and development of the service.
Key Specific duties:
- Provide effective leadership and support for the care team within the home.
- Supervise care staff on a day to day basis and through formal supervision processes.
- Liaise with GPs and other health professionals to ensure that residents receive the medical and clinical support they require.
- Undertake the role of Named Nurse for a cohort of residents
- To be responsible for the safe and appropriate management, administration and recording of medication, including controlled drugs and oxygen, in accordance with NMC requirements
- Act at all times within your own skills and competence in accordance with the NMC code of practice.
- To attend all statutory and mandatory training as required by WBC in order to fulfil your duties
- Must have a clean NMC pin
- Must have a valid DBS
- Must hold all mandatory training certificates
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.