£10.48 - £11.00 per hour
12 days ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Refuse Driver to join our clients office based in Coalville on a temporary contract basis for 3 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Refuse Driver, your main duties will include:
- Collect and empty wheeled bins, boxes etc in accordance with the collection round sheets. After emptying return these bins to their collection points and place as required.
- Deliver and collect bins as required and carry out other refuse collection or recycling duties as instructed.
- Inform the Refuse Supervisor no later than the end of each working day of addresses where bins, boxes etc were not presented for collection.
- Ensure that the vehicle is roadworthy before leaving the depot each day. Wash and clean the vehicle as directed.
- Ensure that the vehicle is not loaded over the legal limit.
- Discharge the refuse at the disposal point as directed by the site operator.
- Ensure that the protective clothing of the crew is in good order and that members of the crew wear the clothing whilst carrying out refuse collection duties.
- Maintain an awareness of the health and safety of the crew members at all times.
- Ensure that the crew return bins, boxes etc. correctly and any spillages are cleared up.
To be successful for this Refuse Driver post you will need to to have:
- Numerate, literate
- Previous experience of similar work
- Current, clean Category C Vocational Licence
- Able to work to written instructions
- Manual dexterity to use equipment, drive and willingness to operate large vehicles in confined situations
- Manual Dexterity
- Manual Handling
- Safety Conscious
HGV Driving Licence Required
37 hours per week
Tuesday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.