£7.70 - £8.09 per annum
3 months ago
Our client is seeking a Refuse Collector on an initial 3 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
36 Hours per week
Tuesday,Wednesday and Friday
DRIVE REFUSE/RECYCLING VEHICLE AND LOAD ON VARIOUS COLLECTION ROUNDS AS REQUIRED. ENSURE THAT ALL MATERIALS ARE COLLECTED AND BINS, BOXES AND BAGS ARE RETURNED CORRECTLY TO THEIR PRESENTATION POINTS.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect and empty wheeled bins, boxes etc in accordance with the collection round sheets. After emptying return these bins to their collection points and place as required.
- Deliver and collect bins as required and carry out other refuse collection or recycling duties as instructed.
- When carrying out the duties of a driver:-
- Inform the Refuse Supervisor no later than the end of each working day of addresses where bins, boxes etc were not presented for collection.
- Ensure that the vehicle is roadworthy before leaving the depot each day. Wash and clean the vehicle as directed.
- Ensure that the vehicle is not loaded over the legal limit.
- Discharge the refuse at the disposal point as directed by the site operator.
- Ensure that the protective clothing of the crew is in good order and that members of the crew wear the clothing whilst carrying out refuse collection duties.
- Maintain an awareness of the health and safety of the crew members at all times.
- Ensure that the crew return bins, boxes etc. correctly and any spillages are cleared up.
- To participate in the PADS review system and undertake any training as directed by management.
- To ensure high standards of health and safety practice are maintained in accordance with Council policy.
- To promote the Council's Equal Opportunity Policy to ensure service provision and employment practices are non-discriminatory.
- To support the corporate work of the Council by undertaking work within other divisions at the discretion of the employee's divisional manager.
Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience of similar work
- Current, clean Category C Vocational Licence
- Able to work to written instructions
- Manual dexterity to use equipment, drive and willingness to operate large vehicles in confined situations
- Flexible in working arrangements and times
- Physically capable and able to work all day outdoors
- Reliable and able to work unsupervised
- Able to work in a small team or alone
- Pleasant manner with public and colleagues
- Able to handle confrontation from public in a diplomatic manner
- Willing to promote the service and encourage recycling
- Commitment to task
- Helpful, positive attitude
For this role you will need the following:
- 2 Years written referencing.
- You are eligable to work in the UK.
- You have a suitable NI Number.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.