£8.75 - £9.19 per hour
7 days ago
Our client is seeking a Refuse Collector on an initial 5 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
To provide a daily refuse service, working as part of a small team on a rounds based operation, which may be responsible for domestic waste collection, trade waste collection or recycling.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sort items set out for recycling and throw materials into designated truck compartments.
- Organise schedules for refuse collection.
- Provide quotes for refuse collection contracts.
- Inspect trucks prior to beginning routes to ensure safe operating condition.
- Refuel trucks and add other necessary fluids, such as oil.
- Fill out any needed reports for defective equipment.
- Drive to disposal sites to empty trucks that have been filled.
- Drive trucks along established routes through residential streets and alleys, or through business and industrial areas.
- Operate equipment that compresses the collected refuse.
- Operate automated or semi-automated hoisting devices that raise refuse bins and dump contents into openings in truck bodies.
- Dismount garbage trucks to collect garbage and remount trucks to ride to the next collection point.
- Communicate with dispatchers concerning delays, unsafe sites, accidents, equipment breakdowns, and other maintenance problems.
- Keep informed of road and weather conditions to determine how routes will be affected.
- Tag garbage or recycling containers to inform customers of problems such as excess garbage or inclusion of items that are not permitted.
Skills and Experience:
- Aware of safe working practices.
- Able to understand verbal instruction, working with supervision within a small team.
- Physically able to collect wheeled bins, sacks, commercial waste bins, and recycling boxes
- making appropriate use of the mechanical bin lifts where applicable.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases