£9.74 - £10.23 per hour
10 days ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Receptionist to join our clients offices based in Bristol on a temporary contract basis for 1 month with the possibility of an extension.
As the Receptionist, your main duties will include:
- To contribute to the general management of the Customer Services in Bath and North East Somerset Council, both in terms of services provided and staff in accordance with the Council's Vision and Values policy and other objectives. In doing this to assist in ensuring maximum effectiveness.
- To contribute to co-operative working across services in accordance with the Council's Vision and Values. To contribute to cross-service initiatives as required.
- Provide a high quality, effective corporate Reception and Community Information service, dealing helpfully, constructively and tactfully with all enquiries received either by telephone or personal visits to Reception by members of the public, elected Members, colleagues and others. To demonstrate a high standard of customer service and project a positive, approachable, efficient image of the Council. To undertake other administrative tasks associated with the Receptionist/Community Information role, as required by the Services Support Manager.
- To research and co-ordinate information about all relevant local and national activities, events and organisations. Maintain up to date electronic records and liaise with the Marketing Officer to identify key opportunities for publicity distribution via local organisations.
- To maintain at Reception up-to-date information and literature, etc, made available to publicise/promote the Council's services, including the proper maintenance and adequate displays. To assist in the evaluation of service events and publicity, including the collation of personal feedback from staff and where appropriate complete evaluation forms.
- To maintain a chronological register detailing the volume and nature of enquiries handled at Reception and keep clear, accurate records of the movement of Equipment loaned to staff and returned to Reception.
To be successful for this Receptionist post you will need to have:
- Good standard of written and spoken English together with basic Math's
- Excellent communication, inter‑personal and customer service skills.
- Ability to organise own work quickly and accurately and to ensure that the confidentiality/sensitivity of enquiries, information etc. handled is respected at all times.
- Tact and diplomacy, with the ability to remain calm and deal effectively with enquiries from a wide range of people and organisations.
- Accuracy in recording information/messages and ensuring correct recipients are promptly advised.
- Flexible attitude to working practices.
- Ability to operate a range of office equipment including personal computer, photocopying and fax machines.
- Experience of using PC ,including Microsoft Outlook and the use of search engines.)
24 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.