South East London, London
£10.55 - £11.07 per hour
6 months ago
Our client is seeking a Receptionist on the inital 1 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
36 hours per week
Monday - Friday
- The Service Support Officer is responsible for providing effective and efficient administrative support across the division, providing advice and system support across the children's services department.
- They will undertake a variety of administrative activities to ensure that service targets are met and continuous improvement is achieved, enabling frontline staff to concentrate on delivering the core business function.
Duties and Responsibilities-
- Carry out administrative functions (as determined by the nature of the service), taking into account Departmental policies and procedures, and requirements of Government Departments.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of the legal framework, including Government guidelines and statistical returns, within which the service operates
- Provide information and guidance on processes and procedures to Social Work Practitioners and Managers
- Update complex information systems, ensuring that individual records are up to date with information required for statutory returns and local datasets, ensuring the data is up to date, accurate and reliable.
- To undertake the collation, preparation and provision of information reports for practitioners and managers using Business Objects and Excel.
- Scanning and uploading of documents to the information system, ensuring accuracy and appropriate disposal of paper documents.
- Provide financial services to the Teams, including issuing of travel warrants, payments of Petty Cash, ensuring compliance with Council 2 procedures and Policies.
- Distribution of information e.g. Assessments, Health plans, panel papers to Families, young people, Practitioners and Independent Panel Members, ensuring compliance with the Data Protection Act.
- Providing reception services, ensuring quality customer care for all visitors and directing callers to appropriate services.
- The ability to deal with children, young people and families, who are facing difficulties and can sometimes present challenging behaviour, in a sensitive and professional manner.
- Preparing papers for meetings, Court and Panels, ensuring accuracy and maintaining confidentiality of information,
- To undertake the administrative process for CRB's, notifying Practitioners when Carers CRB's are due, and recording details on the Information system.
- Organise the collection and delivery of archives from storage.
- Organise meetings and taking/distributing/uploading notes
- Dealing professionally with incoming phone calls, emails and correspondence.
- To respond to enquiries sensitively and efficiently, from professionals and service users on the role and function of the service, either orally or in writing, taking into account individual circumstances.
- To maintain strict confidentiality of all records produced and received and be aware of requirements of the Data Protection Act, 1998.
- To participate in the induction, coaching and mentoring of new members of staff, those on secondment or placement, to include administrative, financial and professional personnel.
- To be first point of contact for Practitioners in the building(and referring on to specialist teams):
a. Initial induction in complex information system for all staff
b. post training IT system support
c. dealing with equipment issues, paper jams etc.
d. IT issues
e. Facilities issues
f. Health and Safety issues
h. Members enquiries
- To carry out the duties and responsibilities of the job in accordance with the Council's Health and Safety Policy and relevant Health and Safety legislation and to actively promote equalities through the application of the Council's employment practices and procedures in accordance with relevant legislation.
- Undertake other duties appropriate to the post that may reasonably be required from time to time
Skills and Experience-
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels (including telephone & good verbal & written skills)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to resolve disputes & peoples problems
- Good level of English (both written & verbal)
- It literate (inc microsoft office package)
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.