£16.67 - £17.5 per hour
7 days ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join our busy offices based in Stoke on Trent on a temporary basis for 3 months with the possibility of an extension. We are looking for someone to start ASAP, working 37 hours per week, at £16.67 p/h.
As the Quantity Surveyor, your main duties will include:
- To ensure the maintenance, improvement and investment in the City Council's Housing Stock is completed within the most cost effective and efficient manner, through current delivery principles and to identify areas where further efficiency may be made, reporting findings to the Programme and Procurement Manager.
- To monitor, challenge and correct any deviancies from a client perspective where there are concerns regarding value for money, quality of material, conformity to specifications and to report to Programme and Procurement Manager.
- To successful negotiate, persuade and problem solve where appropriate.
- To assist the Programme and Procurement Manager with the financial monitoring of programmes of work and report on individual and overall project programming.
- To evaluate and monitor the effective use of materials ensuring that value for money is achieved at all times
To be successful for this Quantity Surveyor post you will need to have:
- Thorough knowledge of quantity surveying practices
- Thorough knowledge of building maintenance and refurbishment
- Thorough knowledge of building material procurement and logistics
- Professional qualification and/or degree in related discipline
- Experience of quantity surveying and of delivering agreed outcomes
- Experience of management of budgets, including procurement and monitoring
- Experience of using computerised management systems
- Experience of developing excellent working relationships with external agencies and stakeholders
- Proven experience of applying novel solutions in order to resolve complex problems
- A proven track record demonstrating successful negotiation
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.