South East London, London
£21.00 - £22.05 per hour
3 months ago
Our client is seeking a Quantity Surveyor on an initial 3 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
36 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
To manage all costs relating to specific building projects. From the initial calculations to the final figures, seek to minimise the costs of a project and enhance value for money, whilst still achieving the required standards and quality, many of which are specified by statutory building regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducting feasibility studies to estimate materials, time and labor costs
- Preparing, negotiating and analyzing costs for tenders and contracts
- Coordination of work effort
- Advising on a range of legal and contractual issues
- Valuing completed work and arranging for payments
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of working in a similar role, ideally gained in a local government setting
- Degree educated, preferably in Quantity Surveying, or an accredited degree which meets the requirement of the professional bodies (RICS, CIOB).
- Experience of:
- assisting in establishing a client's requirements and undertaking feasibility studies.
- preparing early stage budgets and detailed cost plans.
- performing risk and value management and cost control.
- advising on procurement strategy.
- preparing tender and contracts documents, including bills of quantities.
- identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks.
- allocating work to subcontractors.
- budget Monitoring.
- providing advice on contractual claims.
- valuing completed work and arranging payments.
- Knowledge of equalities & diversity issues.
- Detailed knowledge of past and current building and construction technology, business and legal matters.
- Strong numeracy and financial management skills.
- The ability to write clear and precise reports and to relate complex information easily to a diverse range of people.
- Negotiating and team working skills and the ability to motivate and lead those on site.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases