£16.95 - £17.80 per hour
3 months ago
Our client is seeking a Quality Compliance and Support Officer on an initial 3 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
35 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
- To deliver a professional and efficient monitoring support function to the Direct Payments Team.
- To deliver a professional and efficient front line service to customers receiving Direct Payments.
- To ensure where customers receive a Direct Payment funds are being used to meet these outcomes and they are managing the financial administration involved. Monitor users in a systematic, effective and sensitive manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To monitor Personal Budgets and Direct Payments user returns in line with the set procedure ensuring funds are being spent on agreed outcomes and customers are managing their financial administration. Make recommendations for adjustment and instigate recovery action if necessary.
- Review customer information using a series of reports from the pre-paid card provider and reconcile accounts from source documents to ensure funds are being spent in line with the agreed support plan.
- Liaise with social work teams to resolve any discrepancies found.
- In conjunction with rest of Self directed Support Team review systems to ensure service users support plans are effective.
- Respond to safeguarding alerts relating to direct payment customers, ensuring compliance to the councils Safeguarding Adults Protocol
- Manage caseload with minimal supervision
- To liaise with external and internal partners regarding financial administrative matters including the misuse of funds
- Work with the Direct Payments Forum and any other forums to facilitate peer support for existing and potential users of the scheme.
- Chairs regular monthly team meetings, takes minutes and follows up any action points.
- Update changes in Mosaic as necessary.
- Investigate and resolve satisfactorily to complaints and c concerns received from customers, complying with the Council complaints procedure.
- To provide weekly statistics of all work completed so that performance may be monitored and measured and produce weekly work plans.
- Use computers and other items of information technology in the normal performance of the duties of the post.
- To assist in ensuring that the Council's Health and Safety Policy is implemented and to ensure that safe working practices and procedures are adhered to.
- To be aware of and understand the Council's Equal Opportunities Policy both in relation to employment and service provision and ensure that at all times the duties of the post are carried out in accordance with the policy.
- Undertake such other duties as may be required by, or on behalf of the Director, provided they fall within the range and scope of the duties of the post as set out in the proceeding paragraphs and are commensurate with the grade of the post.
Skills and Experience:
- To have a proven track record of monitoring Adult Social Care services, ideally Direct Payment
- Demonstration of previous effective experience with vulnerable customer groups, and effective and persuasive communications with customers and associated agencies.
- Experience in the use of personal computers and relevant software, such as Microsoft, Excel, Word, Access and Outlook Express and mosaic.
- Understanding of the methods used to monitor Adult Social Care services
- A sound knowledge and understanding of Government Legislation, regulations and national guidelines relating to Direct Payments and Personal Budgets.
- Previous experience of Safeguarding Adults Processes and Policies.
- To have an understanding of and a commitment to the social model of disability.
- Knowledge of Adult Social Care, including Direct Payment.
- The ability to read and interpret Government legislation and Council policy, instigate the requirements of the legislation/policy.
- Good IT skills including Microsoft, Excel, Word, Access and Outlook Express and mosaic & the ability to learn new IT software.
- Demonstrable experience to research, examine and analyse information, often of a personal or financial nature, accurately and efficiently. To make judgements and take decisions in accordance with the relevant legislation and policies.
- Ability to take ownership of issues to ensure deadlines is met.
- Anticipate what needs to be done to deliver effective services, monitor progress effectively.
- The ability to understand policies and procedures and consult with staff over changes and takes on board relevant comments and views. .
- The ability to act as a 'trouble-shooter' for administrative and procedural matters within the team.
- The ability to comply with the Council's Equal Opportunity Policy and provides a quality service in line with the Council's Customer Care Policy.
- An ability to comply with the Council's corporate Health and Safety policy, ensuring that it is implemented whilst carrying all aspects of the work and that safe working practices and procedures are followed.
- An ability to adopt a flexible approach to ensure that essential deadlines are met.
- Ability to take ownership of any issues that arise and deal with them effectively.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases