£20.27 - £21.28 per hour
5 months ago
Our client is seeking a Quality Assurance Officer on an initial 5 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
Working Hours: Monday - Friday, 36 Hours
Pay Rate: £20.27 P/H PAYE
To be accountable for the inspection of and quality assurance of the full range of construction, engineering and compliance services portfolios.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accountable for the timely provision of quality inspections, reviews and audits to ensure works and installations are consistent with specifications and expense incurred. Provide timely monitoring of the progress of construction and services projects within the asset management programme. Define quality procedures in conjunction with contract and commissioning staff and look at ways to reduce waste and increase efficiency.
- Undertake monthly end to end audits on responsive repairs and compliance work to review quality of the initial customer contact, order specification and contractor processes through to the post inspection and feedback from customer. This process will then will be completed with a review of the overall quality, cost and value of the works including meeting operational and statutory KPIs and a post customer survey. Produce a monthly report and be part of the performance review meeting held with the contact centre and contractors.
- Be responsible for providing a health and safety focus and direction on all construction and compliance projects from inception to completion. Exercise delegated authority in the absence of the line manager to take appropriate action in the event of abuse of health and safety.
- Set the right example by acting in a professional manner at all times including wearing personal protective equipment when on a construction site or place of site-work.
- Mentor property apprentices offering guidance on good practice, pass on knowledge to support and develop them through their training.
- Review invoices and requests for payment from contractors or consultants, challenge and resolve issues where required. Comply with audit recommendations and implement new financial controls and procedures and safeguard the Council's resources
- Take a proactive approach to the identification of preventative repairs and maintenance and make proposals to efficiently maintain assets and ensure the customers' home is respected at all times.
- Ensure the Council maintains comprehensive and up to date information and records on the condition of its assets including records of assets, risks and systems that LBBD have a regulatory and statutory obligation to service and maintain
Skills and Responsibilities:
- Experience of carrying out inspections and quality assurance in building and engineering services including, construction, major investment work, repairs and maintenance, cyclical works and compliance inspection and testing regimes
- Proven experience of effectively monitoring works projects and programmes to achieve desired outcomes within quality, time and cost measures
- Experience of developing efficient and robust quality management systems
- Experience of identifying, implementing and monitoring quality measures
- Experience of providing advice and instructions for service improvements
- A clear understanding of the operational and strategic issues of quality management
- Strong Customer Relationship Management experience
- Knowledge and experience of using IT systems to maintain, extract and report on data
- Competent in the use of standard Microsoft Office products such as Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Project and Excel Strong analytic skills with the ability to assess and evaluate a range of options and able to think strategically and contribute to the overall success of the business
- A sound understanding of relevant housing legislation and Health & Safety Regulations
- Able to build trust and develop good working relationships with customers and contractors
- Personally effective with excellent organisational skills and the ability to plan and co-ordinate own workload, prioritise tasks and be self-motivating with the ability to work on own initiative, or within a team
- Able to respond positively to change and support the implementation of new ways of working
- Demonstrate the ability to be solution-focused, taking responsibility and taking action to promote great customer service, with a 'Can Do' attitude
- Demonstrate the ability to work as a team towards common goals, creating a sense of team spirit
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases