£20 - £23 per hour
about 1 month ago
To be responsible for the development and implementation of quality assurance and consultation systems, focusing in particular on the Department's key priorities and to ensure that appropriate action is taken to improve services as a result of consultation and quality assurance work. To ensure that complaints are addressed speedily and effectively. To liaise with other agencies and in particular the local health service, to ensure users, carers, general public and stakeholder consultation is co-ordinated and effective. To work with the District Managers, and the Management Team to provide effective systems for, and management of, local services, development of policy and standards, prioritising and budget monitoring
- To work within a team of other managers with the Area Manager to contribute to setting objectives for services. This will include planning, target setting and establishing standards which reflect agreed good practice, County Council equal opportunities policy and legislative requirements and include user-involvement at all stages
- To manage resources effectively across all service settings encompassing residential, day and community based provisions and including budgets, buildings and staffing, and the use of resources not provided directly by the County Council.
- To participate in setting up, using and monitoring quality assurance systems to measure performance against agreed standards, including involvement in the programme of formal service/establishment inspections.
- To prepare reports as required on service delivery, service developments and other topics.
- To report to the Head of Service on those service delivery matters which may require a change of policy or attract media attention and, where appropriate, to take responsibility for progress.
- To co-ordinate and take responsibility for chairing meetings and reviews with individual users, user groups, formal panels and other meetings relevant to the post and to represent the Department as appropriate.
- To ensure all staff participate in PDP on an annual basis, involving professional advisors as necessary.
- To investigate complaints. grievances, disciplinary, capability, harassment and performance problems, taking remedial action as necessary and advising Senior Management of same.To ensure all students/trainees receive appropriate supervision, support and experience during their placements.
To be responsible for, or delegate recruitment of, staff as required.
- To maintain good employee relations and be involved in staff discipline and grievance issues.
To work with other agencies, including the voluntary sector, to achieve joint objectives and provide complementary services, in particular by co-ordinating the process of agreeing and allocating grant aid within the designated area.
To implement the complaints procedure on behalf of the Area Manager.
To maintain confidentiality and observe data protection guidelines.
To carry out any other reasonable duties within the overall function, commensurate with the grading and level of responsibility of the post.
You will also be required during the course of your duties to comply with Council policies as follows: Environmental Equal Opportunities Health and Safety No Smoking * this relates to support and advice systems and is not a replacement for Out of Hours Team
Lead, organise, develop and motivate employees within assigned function/service area specifically undertaking: management of performance, discipline and grievance, training and development requirements, absence management, recruitment and selection.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.