City and District of St. Albans
£281.22 - £350 per day + (PAYE/Umbrella)
13 days ago
A 6 Month+ opportunity, with the possibility of an extension, for a Public Realm Manager has arisen within the local authorities in St Albans.
To be responsible for strategic management and service delivery in relation to the Public Realm, particularly Waste Management & Recycling, Grounds Maintenance, Community Engagement, Environmental Sustainability, Major Events and Street Markets and Public Convenience. To be conducted with a strong focus on effective contract management and achieving value for money.
- Responsible for contract management and monitoring of relevant contracts within remit of post. To include the Council's Waste Management and Recycling contract and the Grounds Maintenance contract in particular. This will mean ensuring effective contract management & monitoring, contract compliance, appropriate provision for health and safety and achieving value for money.
- To be accountable for the strategic planning, development and delivery of Council's Street Markets and major Events, ensuring their future commercial viability and compliance with health and safety.
- To be accountable for the strategic planning, development and delivery of Waste Management and Recycling services especially in relation to reducing per capita household waste across the District, promoting environmental sustainability and ensuring health and safety regulations are adhered to.
- To represent the Council on strategic Waste Management matters, Hertfordshire Waste Partnership and Markets issues at all levels both within the Council and externally. To maintain professional relationships with other local authorities, partner organisations, government departments, funders and other relevant local, regional and national bodies.
- To be accountable for Community Engagement and Community Partnership matters, including management of community-focussed grants, development and coordination of Equalities and Inclusion strategies, Shop mobility scheme and effective engagement with Parish Councils.
- To lead, manage and be accountable for all issues within managerial responsibility, ensuring that service plans are produced which specify outcomes, performance measures, standards, resource allocation (particularly budgets and staffing levels) and underpin these plans with a performance management system involving relevant staff.
- Educated to degree in a related area or with equivalent experience (minimum of 5 years) in one of the service areas.
- Full membership of appropriate professional body or equivalent experience.
- Evidence of continuous professional/ managerial development.
- Willing to undertake further management education and or development as part of future Professional Development.
- Excellent understanding of contract management and legal requirements, including an understanding of how to act in a commercially-minded manner and achieve value for money.
- A good understanding and operational knowledge of delivering highest quality waste management aspects of the Public Realm, particularly the ability to improve the service delivery plan of the waste collection, recycling and street cleansing contract.
- Significant experience of providing effective professional advice, guidance and establishing appropriate business solutions with internal and external customers. This to relate to Waste Management, Street Scene, Grounds Maintenance and Community Engagement.
- Proven track record of managing major public-facing contracts, resolving non-compliance issues effectively and striving for maximum value at every opportunity.
- Experience of effectively managing teams in multiple locations and line managing specialists in a complex organisation with evidence of successful performance management of staff.
Rate of Pay
Hours of work are 09:00am - 5:30pm Monday - Friday.
To apply please send your CV or e-mail for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.