£234.53 - £235.53 per day
30 days ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Public Health Principal to join our client's offices based in South London on a temporary contract basis for 3 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Public Health Principal, your main duties will include:
- To support the commissioning of a range of Public Health services and support health improvement initiatives across the London Borough of Merton. Responsibility for supporting the commissioning and development of services for children and young people aged 0-19 is a priority. This includes Healthy Child 0-19 services (Health Visiting, School Nursing, and Family Nurse Partnership) and health improvement initiatives related to improving the health of children and young people. The post holder will also support the commissioning of other public health services and provide procurement support to the Public Health team as required.
- To contribute to and co-ordinate the delivery of commissioning priorities and improving quality through contracting and performance frameworks. The post holder will contribute to planning for the reduction of health inequalities and work with partners including the Clinical Commissioning Group, NHS England and others.
- To work with the children's integrated commissioning team and wider Public Health team to manage and coordinate children and young people's health improvement initiatives focused on public health priority areas such as healthy schools, childhood obesity, early years initiatives and reducing health inequalities.
To be successful for this Public Health Principal post you will need to have:
- Understanding of the commissioning cycle and contract monitoring
- Understanding of the requirements relating to the procurement of services in Local Government
- Understanding of key national policy drivers for public health
- Understanding of budget management and financial systems
- Understanding children and young people's health and well-being issues
- Excellent negotiation/influencing skills
- Educated to degree level in Public Health/Health Policy or related subject or equivalent
- Experience at working in a commissioning or service re-design role in the Local Government or NHS
- Experience of procurement of services in Local Government or NHS
- Demonstrable experience of co-ordinating projects, service improvement and health improvement initiatives in complex and challenging environments
- Successful partnership working in complex environments
- Experience of developing and writing papers and reports
- Staff and budget management experience
- Demonstrable experience of project/programme management
- Experience of health improvement work
Start Date: ASAP
Working Hours: 37 Hours per week, Monday - Friday.
Pay Rate: £234.53 per day PAYE
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.