Up to £234.53 per day
24 days ago
Our client is seeking a Public Health Principal on an initial 3 Month contract with the possibility of an extension.
Working Hours and Pay Rate:
Monday - Friday, 09:00 - 17:00. At a pay rate of £234.54 Per Day PAYE
The post holder will support the commissioning of a range of Public Health services and support health improvement initiatives across the London Borough of Merton. Responsibility for supporting the commissioning and development of services for children and young people aged 0-19 is a priority. This includes Healthy Child 0-19 services (Health Visiting, School Nursing, and Family Nurse Partnership) and health improvement initiatives related to improving the health of children and young people.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the effective development of commissioning plans, informed by JSNA, which deliver improved health outcomes and reduce inequalities.
- Manage the effective development and delivery of Public Health Projects and programmes, leading work areas as appropriate.
- Manage the development of planning, business cases and service specifications in line with national best practice and evidence, making and implementing recommendations for change.
- Produce specifications and business cases for commissioning and de-commissioning services, negotiating and managing a portfolio of SLA's and contracts to meet tight corporate deadlines and agreed targets.
- Undertake a range of analysis and review of monitoring and performance data from a variety of sources to identify unmet needs for the whole Public Health Service, including new models for service delivery and best practice not currently defined by existing policies, making and implementing recommendations to inform future commissioning.
- Ensure that complex data is presented in accessible formats which increase understanding of local need when presented to a broad audience and supports the development of commissioning priorities and intentions.
- Provide procurement support for public health commissioned services.
Skills and Experience:
- Understanding of the commissioning cycle and contract monitoring
- Understanding of the requirements relating to the procurement of services in Local Government
- Understanding of key national policy drivers for public health
- Understanding of budget management and financial systems
- Understanding children and young people's health and well-being issues
- Excellent negotiation/influencing skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to plan and prioritise to deliver agreed objectives to specific deadlines
- Critical analysis of complex service data from different sources
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage contracts and providers to ensure the delivery of performance and patient quality standards
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clinicians and professional staff across local authority, NHS Trust and partner agencies including the voluntary sector
- Educated to degree level in Public Health/Health Policy or related subject or equivalent
- Experience at working in a commissioning or service re-design role in the Local Government or NHS
- Experience of procurement of services in Local Government or NHS
- Demonstrable experience of co-ordinating projects, service improvement and health improvement initiatives in complex and challenging environments
- Successful partnership working in complex environments
- Experience of developing and writing papers and reports
- Staff and budget management experience
- Demonstrable experience of project/programme management
- Experience of health improvement work
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.