Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
£16.67 - £17.50 per hour
over 1 year ago
Our client is seeking a Property Surveyor on an initial 5 Month contract with the possibility of an extension.
Working Hours and Pay Rate:
Monday - Friday, 09:00 - 17:00. At a pay rate of £16.67 Per Hour PAYE>
- To work on the delivery of projects and programmes, which maintain or improve the City Council's Housing Stock - this shall include working with and motivating key partners/stakeholders to ensure projects are delivered. To maintain records and other appropriate information, distributing to relevant parties when required. Additionally, you will be responsible for identifying and engaging project support when necessary.
- Acting as the housing investment and maintenance surveyor to ensure the delivery of high quality and cost-effective management of the responsive, voids, and planned maintenance service for the Directorate
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To ensure the appropriate maintenance, improvement and investment in the City Council's Housing Stock is completed within the predetermined timescales to the prescribed specification, ensuring value for money, is attained in every case.
- To review and challenge where necessary the charges being made by operatives in the completion of all work undertaken in the various work streams.
- To monitor, challenge and correct any deviations from a client perspective where there are concerns regarding value for money, quality of work, and conformity to specifications, and the management and authorisation or refusal of variations to works orders, and to report to the Lead Officer - Property Surveying.
- To assist the Lead Officer - Property Surveying with the monitoring of programmes of work and report on individual and overall project programming and delivery. Review works in progress on a regular basis with the Joint Venture Company, and to provide statistical analysis as requested/required.
- To ensure financial control, policies and procedures are adhered to for all work.
- To authorise applications to ensure eligibility of work and to examine schedules of work, estimates and quotations for accuracy.
- Carry out property and site surveys to ensure proposals are practical and suitable. To prepare schedules of necessary works to meet the City Council's needs and to undertake the submission for approval, monitoring, valuation and certification of payments.
- To prepare detailed scale drawings showing existing and proposed layouts.
- To liaise with our Joint Venture Partners and management, Area Implementation Team Managers and staff, Local Centre Managers and staff, ensuring a joined up and customer-focused approach is delivered ensuring requests, queries and reports are handled efficiently and effectively.
- To assist the Lead Officer - Property Surveying to ensure officers, members and stakeholders, including Service Improvement groups, are consulted and kept informed of relevant issues as appropriate.
Skills and Experience:
- Considerable experience of complex project management and of delivering agreed outcomes
- To have a proven understanding of Health and Safety and Construction, Design & Management (CDM) regulations
- Experience of monitoring and managing budgets
- Experience of using computerised management systems
- Experience of developing excellent working relationships with external agencies and stakeholders
- Significant experience of preparing cost estimates/schedules of work and contract documents
- Extensive experience in the preparation and delivery of short and long term business plans and projects
- Extensive knowledge of the legal and regulatory framework for housing maintenance
- Signification knowledge of property maintenance, housing decency standard and property defects
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases