£17.51 - £21.55 per hour + PAYE/Umbrella
6 days ago
3 months +
Our client is seeking a Property Repairs Manager on an initial 6 Month contract with the possibility of an extension.
- To manage the Property Repairs Team to ensure the delivery of high-quality services in line with the expectations of the Council's Housing Department and its tenants.
- To develop the service to one that provides building maintenance services to the private and commercial sector
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To lead colleagues in the development of new and improved methods of working to increase performance standards and efficiency through the continual redesign of services using an "end to end" approach to improvements.
- To ensure that effective arrangements are in place for the proper delivery of all aspects of the housing maintenance service, including such elements as managed stores, workshop facilities, sub-contractor provision and staff training.
- Prepare reports for Cabinet, Panels and other bodies and attends Panels, Cabinet and Committees, public meetings and consultative bodies as requested.#To supervise, motivate and facilitate training opportunities for members of the team using the Councils Employee Performance Review and Development scheme.
- Ensure compliance of the service with Health & Safety legislation
- Participate in the Council's emergency call out procedures as necessary
Skills and Experience:
- An advanced understanding and experience of the technical aspects of construction and building maintenance services
- Extensive supervisory experience of managing a large workforce
- Be resilient under periods of high pressure
- Exercise a high level of political awareness, including where necessary effectively balancing political and professional perspectives
- Demonstrate a high level of customer focus and an ability to communicate sensitive, complex or challenging information effectively across a variety of media
- Sound knowledge of financial management and control practices including the monitoring of budgets and procurement
- Educated to OND level or equivalent
- A Management Qualification or equivalent.
To apply please send your CV or email for more information
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.