£23.63 - £24.81 per hour
15 days ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Property Repairs Manager to join our clients offices based in Rugby on a temporary contract basis for 2 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Property Repairs Manager, your main duties will include:
- Provide leadership and direction to operational staff within the Property Repairs service area and ensure that the team contributes to its full potential in the delivery on the Councils priorities
- Responsible for all operational issues including the scheduling and planning of maintenance activities to maximise their effectiveness and efficiency in meeting the Council's aspirations for housing maintenance activities, having regard to the resource constraints that exist.
- To actively support the generation of external funding and other business opportunities to assist in the ambition of the service and Council, including the pricing of tenders etc.
- Investigate the feasibility of trading externally, if considered an acceptable way forward the postholder will lead the implementation of a business unit.
To be successful for this Property Repairs Manager post you will need to have:
- An advanced understanding and experience of the technical aspects of construction and building maintenance services
- Demonstrate a high level of customer focus and an ability to communicate sensitive, complex or challenging information effectively across a variety of media
- Extensive supervisory experience of managing a large workforce
- Sound knowledge of financial management and control practices including the monitoring of budgets and procurement
37 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.