£15.20 - £16.2 per hour
8 months ago
6 Months +
We have an exciting opportunity for a Property Business Manager to join our client's offices based in Oxford on a temporary contract basis for 6 months with the possibility of an extension. The client is looking for someone to start ASAP, working full time, 37 hours per week at £15.20 p/h PAYE.
As the Property Business Manager, your main duties will include:
- To provide a geographically based lead to ensure that Property Business services are provided efficiently and effectively, being pro-active and open to change seeking opportunities to contribute to service improvements and organisational goals.
- The role will include initiating and implementing new efficient ways of working, new systems and procedures to improve the quality of the service and be instrumental in the support of the Asset Utilisation Programme.
- To advise and signpost staff in managed and corporate estate sites on Health & Safety compliance, sustainability and council policies and procedures. To manage corporate premises contracts.
- The post holder will be required to work closely in partnership with colleagues in Property & Facilities, E&E, CEF, S&CS, CEO and other associated organisations and partners. Support the client function of the Property & Facilities contract, there will also be a close link to OCC Schools.
- To monitor cost centre budgets as delegated.
To be successful for this Property Business Manager post you will need to have:
- Professional Management Qualification or equivalent experience
- Health & Safety Qualification
- Sound background experience in managing staff
- Excellent working knowledge and understanding of Health & Safety to include Fire Regulations
- Excellent financial acumen for budgeting cost controlling/monitoring
- Extensive facilities and premises management - including post, reception, voice/data, cleaning, security, waste, vending.
- Experience in managing projects
- Experience in managing performance
- Excellent computer skills with experience of a variety of applications and software, and management of network folders.
- Retains personal accountability for delivering results
- Manages workload effectively to ensure that targets and deadlines are met
- Responds positively to change
- Stays calm under pressure
- Accepts constructive feedback and uses this to improve performance/service
- Identifies and takes up opportunities for self-development
- Consistently demonstrates a commitment to high standards of performance
- Acts with integrity, honesty and impartiality
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.