£12.60 - £15 per hour + Paye / Umbrella
18 days ago
12 Months +
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Support Officer to join our busy offices based in Bournemouth on a temporary basis for 12 months with the possibility of becoming permanent. We are looking for someone to start ASAP, working 37 hours per week, at £12.60 p/h PAYE.
As the Project Support Officer, your main duties will include:
- Implement and maintain communication strategies that engage and influence the external provider market (residential and IFA) and key Framework stakeholders/board members within Local Authorities.
- To liaise with outside agencies and other local authorities to organise meetings and contract monitoring visits for the Contract Co-ordinators, organising transport and booking accommodation.
- Develop guidance, bulletins, briefings that ensure all external providers of residential and independent fostering services are contracted to deliver care in line with the contractual terms and conditions of the Framework and the strategic procedures, guidance and recommendations set out by Framework Board members.
- To provide contractual advice, guidance and practical assistance to Framework Board members and contracted providers when required which may include ongoing improvements, compliance issues which need to be escalated to other internal and external colleagues/experts and the regulatory body (OFSTED).
- To maintain accurate computerised records and paper records in relation to Framework providers which shall include but not be limited to, monitoring of generic information (insurances, statement of purpose, Ofsted registrations etc) alongside Ofsted actions plans and default notices.
- To request, collate and analyse data required in order to report effectively on the Residential and Independent Fostering Agency Frameworks use, and the Local Authorities' sufficiency requirements.
- To negotiate the parameters and monitor the compliance of Ofsted action plans/default notices, contract and improvement notices with providers which shall require them to provide evidence to assist colleagues in decision making relating to the implementation of intervention and support in order for the provider to achieve the required standard.
- To assist with the negotiation of potential annual placement fee increases by providers and to contribute to the development of pricing tools. To achieve the best value for Local Authorities by monitoring payments to providers and resolving any payment queries which may arise. Calculating quarterly usage fees for Local Authorities and ensuring payment is received.
- Proactively monitor the frameworks to affect the delivery of services that match contractual requirements and ensure 'Looked After Children' including those children with 'EHCP's' are safeguarded.
- Ensure that all purchasing and contract activity for all Framework members is undertaken in line with strategic aims and objectives of the project(s) whilst adhering to the procedures, standing orders, national guidelines, legislation and financial regulations to protect the Local Authorities from litigation, maintain their reputation and deliver best value and quality.
- Work in partnership with a range of providers and Local Authority partners to support the Residential and Independent Fostering Agencies Frameworks to achieve the delivery of high-quality services
- Communicate and have contact with many agencies inside and outside of the Local Authority and work with a range of professionals including Senior Directors, Senior Managers, Operational Officers and Registered Managers within a range of organisations.
To be successful for this Project Support Officer post you will need to have:
- Experience in producing management information reports - including analysing and summarising statistical information for management reports and team development
- Experience of handling potentially difficult situations with professionalism, tact and confidence.
- Experience of partnership working with a range of partner agencies, providers in the commercial, statutory, private and voluntary sector
- Experience of collating and deciphering large amounts of data
- Knowledge and understanding of the Children's Social Care sector and Children and Young People's Services
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.