£10.50 - £11.03 per hour
4 months ago
Our client is seeking a Project Support Officer on an initial 2 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
To provide coordination, planning and administrative assistance to the Project Team and support the reliable delivery of Capital Projects and the various work streams stemming from these Projects. Also to support on other related projects within the division that covers Countryside, Leisure and Libraries.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the day-to-day administration and operation of the Project Team; including meeting organisation and minute taking, supporting the maintenance of master project documentation, project timetable and associated project resource (human and budget) information.
- Provide communications across the project; particularly to project stakeholders and external partners and the general public using social media, IT and printed materials.
- Assist the Project Manager in ensuring members of the Team and external consultants follow defined standards and methods of working in accordance with contracts, briefs and work packages.
- Assist with the on-going monitoring and reporting both to internal and external sources
- Collate and undertake data analysis to support performance monitoring and evaluation, in line with the Monitoring and Evaluation framework.
- Actively assist project managers in the resolution of issues and risks, and the completion of tasks to ensure projects are successful.
- Assist the team with any procurement related activity; creating evaluation templates, assisting with the tender process and managing documentation appropriately.
Skills and Experience:
Demonstrable experience working in project or equivalent office environment.
Extensive experience of providing a full range of administrative support to projects or in an equivalent office environment.
Substantial experience of working as part of a team.
Experience of establishing and maintaining administrative processes and procedures.
Experience of managing internal and external communications.
Excellent organisational skills, able to ability to manage own workload with minimal supervision, and ability to produce accurate work.
Able to provide administrative services to project boards, project assurance teams and quality review meetings.
Working knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
Knowledge of social media and IT communications
Good communication skills particularly the presentation of complex information in simple terms.
Excellent Customer Service skills, able to demonstrate effective and consistent use of agreed standards, systems and skills to deliver maximum benefits to customers.
Ability to work effectively with colleagues.
Able to work under pressure in environment of constant change to meet tight deadlines.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases