£13.35 - £14.70 per hour + (PAYE or Umbrella Company)
29 days ago
A 4 Month+ opportunity, with the possibility of an extension, has arisen for a Project Officer within the local authorities in Matlock.
Purpose of the role
To be responsible for the day to day management of the delivery and monitoring of the Peak LEADER programme and individual projects to ensure compliance to the financial and administrative requirements of the Rural Payments Agency (RPA) in respect of the Rural Development Programme for England 2014-20.
To support and advise the Local Action Group (LAG) to ensure the effective delivery of the programme and provide first point of contact with DEFRA/RPA with regards to all project contract obligations.
Key result areas include:
- Manage the effective delivery of the Peak District LEADER funding allocation and achievement of contracted programme targets as set out in the Local Development Strategy (LDS)
- Manage the day to day programme and project monitoring to ensure accordance with European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development (EAFRD) audit and financial management regulations stipulated by RPA through the Funding Agreement.
- Provide professional and administrative support to the LAG including convening and minuting meetings, preparation and presentation of reports, budget management and marketing.
- Represent the LAG as appropriate at local, regional, national events and programme management meetings
- Oversee and support the appraisal and approval subsequent contracting for projects seeking LEADER funding
- Manage the additional resources contracted to support the delivery of the programme
- Manage the accurate input of project data to the national CRM system DORA and liaise with RPA accordingly to ensure information is up-to-date
- Prepare, issue and revise funding agreements/contracts for LEADER funded projects including contract variations and annual attestation reports
- Economic development related partnership working
- Management & monitoring of external funding programmes including contracting and claims
- Budgetary and monitoring systems
- Experience of working with members of the public, senior managers and external agencies
- Use of IT applications and databases to maintain financial and programme monitoring
- Knowledge of EU funding programmes
- Awareness of operation issues in relation to EU funding especially RDPE
Monday - Friday
Rate of Pay:
Umbrella: £ 14.70
There will be flexibility in the rate for the preferred candidate.
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.