£332.26 - £348.87 per day
4 months ago
Our client is seeking a Project Officer on a 1 year contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Responsible for the successful planning, implementation, monitoring and closure of an ICT procurement project to deliver process transformation within a wider change programme.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Successful planning and delivery of the project within time and cost constraints to meet the quality required; create a sense of urgency for delivery.
- Project documentation including project plan, time lines, risks, issues and decisions, and agree project mitigation's.
- Close liaison with internal and external stakeholders including finance, ICT, procurement, and lead regular project meetings.
- Regular reporting to the project sponsor and escalation of risks and issues where appropriate.
- Translation of technical process requirements into system architecture requirements.
- Responsibility for ensuring internal and statutory procurement regulations are adhered too.
- To be accountable for the quality and schedule of project deliverable as defined by the business case.
- Manage the change control process.
Skills and Experience:
- Proven IT project management experience
- PRINCE2 Practicioner and/or APMQ
- Experience of being an effective member of project teams working in a matrix management environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication, and ability to relate to and work at all levels of the organisation.
- High level analytical skills and ability to interpret and communicate complex written and statistical information.
- Defining project scope, impacts, costs, deliverable and schedule. Perform cost / benefit analysis to prioritise scope / phasing of deliverable.
- Production, maintenance and management of quality standards and procedures; experience of managing project risk.
Active Communication - actively consults and supports the flow of communication through the organisation and provides a compelling vision to others. Evidence of ability to develop close constructive relationships across service boundaries both internally and externally.
- * Motivating & Influencing - Has impact and influence and effectively motivates others to achieve goals and embrace change. Ability to work with a wide range of staff to deliver complex and challenging projects
- * Decision-making - makes clear management and financial decisions that take full account of value for money, cost management, efficiency and risk.
- *Delivering Results- Consistently delivers stretching objectives through effective prioritisation, project management and the efficient use of resources. Ability to deliver projects on time, on spec and on budget.
- * Customer focus - retains responsibility for high levels of external and internal customer service through active feedback and a strong understanding of diverse customers.
- * Strategic Awareness - develops effective internal and external relationships and networks that enable the understanding and delivery of broad organisational goals.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases